My engines won't make full power!

Graeme_77

Flex is a customer option on the 650, but an option that is very rarely installed. The reason is it actually shortens engine overhaul intervals due to some assumptions that have to be made - if flex is used the engines have to be treated as if APR was used, which is not the case on a normal takeoff with APR armed.

So flex shortens the overhaul life, increases fuel burn and reduces performance - hence not a desirable option. Maybe the only use is where an an airport has extreme noise limitations. It's not simulated on the Hot Start Challenger 650

Would this explain why I seem to have no trouble climbing to my cruise alt but once I get there the engines can't seem to hold it and the AoA becomes extreme and eventually I stall out? I also noticed the AP starts to go wild with the Nose Up trim as show in the picture. Does this just mean I am cruising at a too high of an ALT for the conditions for the 650?

HS650troubleholdingALT.jpg