Stutter every 10 secs

rjsict

I'm not convinced that my issue is a texture paging issue? She flies beautifully until the IRS aligns. I mean possibly one of the smoothest planes in XP for me, so there is a big compliment there! Feels to me like there is a glitch on the PFD that is causing this for me certainly?

Really would appreciate an update on this if this is still the main place to log support issues. Happy to take it over to Discord if required :) Really want to fly this investment properly.

2 hours ago, rjsict said:

I'm not convinced that my issue is a texture paging issue? She flies beautifully until the IRS aligns. I mean possibly one of the smoothest planes in XP for me, so there is a big compliment there! Feels to me like there is a glitch on the PFD that is causing this for me certainly?

Really would appreciate an update on this if this is still the main place to log support issues. Happy to take it over to Discord if required :) Really want to fly this investment properly.

You are the only one to report this issue, unfortunately for you. I’m sorry it’s happening.

Can you provide screenshots of the Plugin Admin window, the tab with the pie chart, for steady state vs. the “stutter”, please?

Edited by Pils

He is not the only one, I have the same issue (~10s fps sutters), but didn't have the time to test the suggestions yet. I can't say it's not texture paging, I trust Cameron of course, but this is the only aircraft on my fleet that stutters like described. I'm planning to record some videos to better illustrate what I'm seeing once I have time.

• Upvote 1

Before alignment. After alignment.

The issue is reminiscent of a problem I had with the TBM a few years back. I run a 30Hz 4K monitor, VSync on in XP11 and Full Screen. IF I Show Data Graph and then undock the graph window so its in its own window, the big stutter disappears. It does however induce little stutters.

Let me know if you need any further testing.

Further update from testing. If I disable V-Sync in XP11 and enable in NVidia settings, the big pause/stutter disappears. The experience however with V-Sync enabled in NVidia isn't the smoothest, induces more smaller stutters in sim.

Hope this is something to go on? I can't be the only XP user with a 30Hz 4K monitor and V-Sync on in sim?

27 minutes ago, rjsict said:

Hope this is something to go on? I can't be the only XP user with a 30Hz 4K monitor and V-Sync on in sim?

As I remember, I had originally told you about V-Sync being a likely culprit. :)

Gotta be honest, you're the first person I've met with a 30Hz monitor. I think you're going to find yourself in a pretty slim group.

1 hour ago, rjsict said:

The experience however with V-Sync enabled in NVidia isn't the smoothest, induces more smaller stutters in sim.

That sounds like a known X-Plane issue, especially on the ground, I’ve found no way to completely eliminate it. You can try using a framerate limit instead of V-Sync. And borderless windowed mode.

Edited by Pils

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

Gotta be honest, you're the first person I've met with a 30Hz monitor. I think you're going to find yourself in a pretty slim group.

A lot of monitors can run in 30hz mode. It’s a fairly common trick for simmers (particularly in P3D) to limit FPS.

16 hours ago, Pils said:

A lot of monitors can run in 30hz mode. It’s a fairly common trick for simmers (particularly in P3D) to limit FPS.

Can run at 30Hz, yes. But the actual MONITOR max refresh rate being 30Hz? Rare as can be in the X-Plane user world, or really even in general. Most monitors are at least 60Hz.

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Can run at 30Hz, yes. But the actual MONITOR max refresh rate being 30Hz? Rare as can be in the X-Plane user world, or really even in general. Most monitors are at least 60Hz.

I assumed OP meant the former, but I guess the latter is possible. I agree it would be unusual, there may be cases of using an old HDMI with limited bandwidth or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I had the 10 sec stutter with the TBM and was a new install. Mine went away after updating nvidia drivers and rebooting. Dont know if it was the drivers or just getting the 3d settings reset. I mention the 3d settings because I had been in there tinkering for MSFS 2020 VR. have not touched the 3d settings  since updating the drivers.

Just a thought-good luck 

Sadly no joy with the update 1.3.1.

Installed latest NVidia drivers also, deleted prefs and shader cache. Removed all plugins.

Monitor only runs at 30Hz. Its an 28" Asus PB287Q LED 4K. 30Hz set in NVidia as native.

Same issue as before. A big pause every 10 secs once alignment is complete. I can fly for hours no issue, not a single frame dropped if IRS aren't aligned. Odd.

41 minutes ago, rjsict said:

Sadly no joy with the update 1.3.1.

Installed latest NVidia drivers also, deleted prefs and shader cache. Removed all plugins.

Monitor only runs at 30Hz. Its an 28" Asus PB287Q LED 4K. 30Hz set in NVidia as native.

Same issue as before. A big pause every 10 secs once alignment is complete. I can fly for hours no issue, not a single frame dropped if IRS aren't aligned. Odd.

Very odd indeed.

On 2/4/2022 at 3:41 PM, rjsict said:

more smaller stutters in sim

This is typical of X-Plane’s Vulkan engine, particularly on the ground, in my experience.

Can you provide the detail requested here please? And also a recent Log.txt file? Thanks.

Also have you tried the following?

P.S. It’s a 60 Hz 4K panel but only drivable at 60 Hz via DisplayPort. That explains the “30 Hz” question. Not that unusual after all, due to HDMI limitations of past.

See attached. I'm using DisplayPort so panel is able to output 60Hz however I chose 30Hz in the NVCP and then turn on VSync in XP11. It is butter smooth flying across all types for my ageing 1080ti and gives me the best balance. As mentioned the frustrating issue with the CL650 is that I can fly around without a single stutter or frame drop before alignment but once the IRS aligns, the pause every 10 secs is introduced. You can see in the attached screen shots.

Happy to provide more info. Would love to get to grips with this plane once this issue is cured :)

1524778624_BeforeAlignment.png

874439107_AfterAlignment.png

Log.txt

Ok will attempt. To confirm, I have tested with locked frames and the pause/stutter is resolved. It would seem to be an issue specifically with V-Sync? Question is why only after alignment and not before?

That said, with locked frames I get too many stutters in general so 30Hz and V-Sync on is the only way to achieve complete smoothness in XP11. 

I will attempt to capture a video.