Stutter every 10 secs

rjsict

Hi all

Loving the C650 :) Only issue is an odd stutter every 10 secs on the ground and in the air. It's like a pause, or feels like the Challenger stops and catches up with itself. Hugely frustrating of course. I have searched the forum and suspect an issue with Gizmo but would appreciate some official feedback.

Kind regards,

RJ

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.2.0. Ran through performance guide and created the new XP shortcut with parameters. Still I get a pause/stutter every 10 secs? Is something polling?

I have a 8700k with a 1080ti. H/T is off so using 6 physical cores.

Combination handles everything else thrown at it. Really odd this. Any help much appreciated. Want to enjoy this bird in all its glory.

Testing tonight with 1.2.3

Stutters still present. Every 10 secs. XP almost pauses and catches up? Panning external, and internal. Noticeable when in turns.

HT On, performance fix applied to shortcut. CPU steady, hardly being used. GPU is also steady at around 50% utilisation. Temps are actually quite cool when flying the CL650.

Any further ideas Cam?

It is definitely a pause every 10 seconds. Consistently. It feels like something is polling a server and slowing the sim?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Anyone else have the same issue? I am not getting bad performance, apart from this pause every 10 secs.

Thanks in advance.

So, first thing jumping out at me is you have 'Use Vsync' enabled.

VSync lowers the number of fps to match the refresh rate of your monitor, so they're synchronized. ... But if you have less fps than Hz, VSync will reduce the number of frames by half. This results in stuttering. So if your video card only reaches 59 fps, VSync will lower it to 30 fps.

1 minute ago, rjsict said:

It feels like something is polling a server and slowing the sim?

We don't do server polling.

Outside of the above, I can't really recommend much else I don't think.

VSYNC has to be enabled as I run a 4k 30Hz monitor. Its either I enable it in XP or in NVidia. I have XP settings to ensure I can always reach 30FPS.

I run the TBM no issue. I run all complex aircraft for XP again no problem, IXEG, LevelUp, etc. The issue exists solely with the CL650. 

I am worried that after two suggestions you have no further ideas. Happy to assist where possible.

3 minutes ago, rjsict said:

VSYNC has to be enabled as I run a 4k 30Hz monitor.

Ah wow, 30Hz, okay. Rare case, but understandable.

5 minutes ago, rjsict said:

I run the TBM no issue. I run all complex aircraft for XP again no problem, IXEG, LevelUp, etc. The issue exists solely with the CL650. 

Pet peeve alert: Don't ever compare one product to another. They are not even remotely close to equal and I hate when people try to do this.

6 minutes ago, rjsict said:

I am worried that after two suggestions you have no further ideas. Happy to assist where possible.

Unfortunately, I don't. The explanation in the CPU thread about all this explains the situation on a high level, and on a low level as I understand it, I can make sense of why it's happening, but there's nothing I/we can do. At the end of the day this comes down to texture paging and how it's done in X-Plane. The most common folks effected are those like you with an Nvidia 1xxx series video card. With exception there's others, but by far and wide that series of video card struggles the most with this issue in our gathering of reports. If you haven't done so already, you can try and give yourself a little more headroom with the 6GB optimized version, but that's really all I have. :(

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I'm happy I'm not alone on this one.
Below you can see more or less the fps dynamics on a 1 minute interval. My fps are good, but it stutters like described by the OP. I have a 1080Ti on a i9 9900K running stable at 5.0Ghz for 2 years now (as a test I've tried lowering to 4.8 with the same result).
image.thumb.png.ce681941b5e8f4cc5e814a257d872667.png

4 minutes ago, maub said:

No worries! Not really hijacking.

But, you fall into that same camp of people as I already described. Yet another GPU in that Nvidia 1xxx series.

This all, again, comes down to texture paging. No magic solutions to give here, unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, maub said:

Below you can see more or less the fps dynamics on a 1 minute interval. My fps are good, but it stutters like described by the OP. I have a 1080Ti on a i9 9900K running stable at 5.0Ghz for 2 years now (as a test I've tried lowering to 4.8 with the same result).
image.thumb.png.ce681941b5e8f4cc5e814a257d872667.png

That's not normal !! I run on way too lower specs, laptop with i7-8750H and 1050Ti without stutters and stable at 40fps 

It seems to me that you don't have a cpu or gpu problem (by the way your GPU is in lower settings, than it can handle), probably you use some "bad" addon. A Log.txt would help to identify the problem.

From personal experience I notice that some sasl plugins like SkunkUpdater and RealView usually create such stutters when trying to check for updates (probably without doing it in async thread) and temporally locks xplane thread (stutter) waiting for respond.

2 hours ago, BlackBird_GR said:

That's not normal !! I run on way too lower specs, laptop with i7-8750H and 1050Ti without stutters and stable at 40fps 

It seems to me that you don't have a cpu or gpu problem (by the way your GPU is in lower settings, than it can handle), probably you use some "bad" addon. A Log.txt would help to identify the problem.

From personal experience I notice that some sasl plugins like SkunkUpdater and RealView usually create such stutters when trying to check for updates (probably without doing it in async thread) and temporally locks xplane thread (stutter) waiting for respond.

This is all I have on my plugins folder, any clues?
I might say that on the plugin admin window I can't see anything suspect acting up.
image.thumb.png.e247bd24c83d4ceb3cfdedefbb91134d.png

2 hours ago, maub said:

This is all I have on my plugins folder, any clues?
I might say that on the plugin admin window I can't see anything suspect acting up.
image.thumb.png.e247bd24c83d4ceb3cfdedefbb91134d.png

Start by moving SkunkCraftsUpdater to a new directory like Resources/plugins-DISABLED and copy it -before you start xplane- on main Resources/plugins only when you want to check for updates. Most probably this will eliminate stutters.

Then continue by finding "bad" scripts on FlyWithLua and PythonScripts.

Also you can temporary disable all plugins by moving all to another folder outside plugins, before you start tracking issue on addons, to be sure that stutters comes from CL650 and not from an addon.

• Like 1

Me again. Tried all workarounds as noted on here. Checked other posts relating to poor FPS.

It is a puzzler. Challenger starts up fine. Tested at EGHH. On runway. Perfect performance. Then after 10 minutes as you can see in the screenshots, a huge pause/stutter which is then consistent every 10 secs. I haven't moved the plane!? All I did was start the right engine but that was minute 2 or 3?

Really not sure what else I can try. My 1080ti is idling, my 8700k with HT on is again idling with the CL650 loaded in XP11? Plenty of headroom as far as I can see in terms of computing. My settings are as noted above average and in line with running XP11 on a 1080ti. I have installed the low texture CL650 option. Exactly the same.

Really intrigued to understand what is going on as others have noted the same issue, stutters or bad performance after 10 mins.

Constructive advice/guidance appreciated.

Stutter 1.png

Stutter 2.png

SOOOOO... Going on the concern that the issue presented itself after 10 mins whilst sitting stationary waiting for the IRS to align, literally once the IRS3 is aligned the stutter/pause starts!! It is then consistent every 10 secs.

Hopefully that might help point the team in the right direction? I really would appreciate some thoughts on this. I have run a lot of tests.

Again, constructive help required from the team.

40 minutes ago, rjsict said:

SOOOOO... Going on the concern that the issue presented itself after 10 mins whilst sitting stationary waiting for the IRS to align, literally once the IRS3 is aligned the stutter/pause starts!! It is then consistent every 10 secs.

Hopefully that might help point the team in the right direction? I really would appreciate some thoughts on this. I have run a lot of tests.

Again, constructive help required from the team.

SVS is on? Try with it off and do another cold and dark.

Tested lots of different configs. The issue persists. As soon as the IRS aligns, the big/pause stutter occurs, and then consistently re-appears every 10 secs.

Test performed - C&D start. Fire up, don't wait to for IRS to align. Take off, fly around. Perfect performance. Land back. Stop, apply brakes. Put IRS out of and back into Norm. Wait 10 mins for alignment. Aligns, PFD Nav initialises and immediately stutter appears.

Minimal plugins in use. I will test with all plugins removed next. Reminder, I run a 4k monitor @ 30Hz so have V-Sync on in XP11. Conservative settings. The CL650 flies beautifully and uses minimal resources until the IRS aligns and the PFD comes alive properly.

Looking forward to a fix for this. Currently flying on the backup compass :( 

• Like 1