Challenger 650 Feedback

juergen d. wehr

First of all, english is not my native language... and that's the the best module I have purchased for X-Plane 11 until now!

My fleet: Airfoillabs B350, FF A320, Toliss A321, TBM900, ZIBO B738

My Rig: I7 6700K, GTX 960, Win 10

Pro:

1. Good performance even with my specs, 30-50 fps... HDR, Texture Medium,AA- 2xSSAA+FXAA, World Objects Medium, Non Vulkan , Reflection Minimal

2.Systems Depth

3.Outstanding 3d modelling

4.Immersion (FBO, FO)

Con:

1. Xpilot: There seems to be some conflict with Xpilot, experienced heavy fps drops when there are many clients nearby(US more playable than EU)

Much better performance without Xpilot

2.Gizmo eating too many fps (already known)

3. I would like to see some variety regarding the passenger, fbo, pilot voices ... it's gonna get annoying really fast imo

or maybe an option to mute these and have a text info instead.

4. FBO: At the current state feels unnecessary, eats up vram...  just to sign a 2d paper and open a website outside of the simulator

I like the idea, but imo a (fancy) pop out menu or screen would to the same and make the selection between career and normal mode obsolete, which imo is also unnecessary...theres is not much difference and that leads to another problem... If the sim crashes, the state of the a/c is saved... i know some might say then just choose the normal mode, but I like to have the position on the ground to be remembered and a consistent airframe. The TBM way works just fine for me. Oh and a Loadsheet would be nice.

5.Refuel Panel is too dark

In summary thank you for this "overpriced" module.

Edit: Forgot to mention how satisfying it is to land this plane, also it is hard to see if the buttons are pushed in or out . Cheers

Edited by juergen d. wehr

On 1/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, juergen d. wehr said:

3. I would like to see some variety regarding the passenger, fbo, pilot voices ... it's gonna get annoying really fast imo

or maybe an option to mute these and have a text info instead.

For more voices, we'll need more people to do them.  Perhaps after all the current bugs are dealt with, we can take a look at this option.

4. FBO: At the current state feels unnecessary, eats up vram...  just to sign a 2d paper and open a website outside of the simulator

You can absolutely skip the whole FBO process, and simply press the W key to transport you to the cockpit.  Doing this will "kill" the FBO, and will restore performance and vram.  Everything the FBO does can be accessed from the drop down menu's.  

5.Refuel Panel is too dark

I suppose I can lighten the color of the refuel panel.  However, it will be an unrealistic color.

In summary thank you for this "overpriced" module.

Ummm, ok?  You're welcome?  (Taking into account English is not your native language)

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 1

Thank you for the reply.

Regarding the voices, maybe some volunteers from the community could be implemented, just like in the zibo mod or the better pushback plugin. And some additional noises like foot steps according to the number of passengers  would be cool.

On "killing" the fbo, I guess you mean to walk just through? Also, I haven't found the option to get passengers on the plane without the fbo.

Or is it enough to put some numbers in the fms. ( I didn't check the x plane w&b yet to confirm this)

The problem with the dark refueling panel and the push buttons could maybe be solved by showing an arrow up/down next to the hand icon...

Some more feedback: the sim crashed on my last flight in the descent after a 3 hour leg and I was able to restore it completely without problems... that was a nice surprise.

Had a constant warning "not on track to intercept" or something like this, when i took off of kpsp: a/p on hdg then on nav to intercept vor radial then deleted a wyp after the vor and go direct the wyp after via fms nav.

I am using the option to hide and show all selected pop up panels at once, so if you hide them and then choose another panel to pop up all the before selected appear too.

I enjoy this well above average aircraft. The skill and time that went into it is appreciated.

Question: All the circuit breakers are modeled. If one pops behind the seats the only way (so far) to see it is to look sideways between the panels and the seats. Is there a way to view the circuit breaker panels straight on? Pop-up panel? Folding seats? Incidentally, I like the pop-up panels provided as they are easier for me to read/see.

Thanks for a great product.

On 1/18/2022 at 2:30 AM, jcjimmy said:

I enjoy this well above average aircraft. The skill and time that went into it is appreciated.

Question: All the circuit breakers are modeled. If one pops behind the seats the only way (so far) to see it is to look sideways between the panels and the seats. Is there a way to view the circuit breaker panels straight on? Pop-up panel? Folding seats? Incidentally, I like the pop-up panels provided as they are easier for me to read/see.

We'll look into it for a future update.  

On 1/17/2022 at 2:54 PM, juergen d. wehr said:

On "killing" the fbo, I guess you mean to walk just through?

Shift 9 takes you straight to the cockpit.

Also, I haven't found the option to get passengers on the plane without the fbo.

To get the full features of getting the passengers, you need to go through the FBO procedure.  The shortcut is to use X-Planes weight and balances drop down menu.  Unfortunately, you can't mix and match the way you want passengers to be loaded.  

Some more feedback: the sim crashed on my last flight in the descent after a 3 hour leg and I was able to restore it completely without problems... that was a nice surprise.

An update is coming that may address your crash.  If it still crashes after the update, then make another thread and please post a log.txt file so we can take a look.

I am using the option to hide and show all selected pop up panels at once, so if you hide them and then choose another panel to pop up all the before selected appear too.

I'm not really sure how you're managing to do this.  Can you post images?

On 1/18/2022 at 2:30 AM, jcjimmy said:

We may put pop ups for the circuit breaker panels in a future update.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Definitely not over priced. The amount of work the team have put into this addon is clear to see. At the moment I have logged about 40 hours. Divide these hours into cost, so far it's about £2.12p per hour. And this cost is reducing every day. For me, this cost is a bargain when compared to other types of entertainment and learning.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

IMO he was being sarcastic, and politely, respectfully and mildly making fun of those who say the CL650 is overpriced, by putting apostrophes around the word overpriced and thus quoting those people. :)

Agreed, my comments are for potential customers who may question if the Hotstart 650 is 'worth' the price. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, juergen d. wehr said:

select new pop up and all the other appear too

Yes, that’s how this feature works. Think of the popups as being all on a single “layer” and when you hide them the layer is hidden, as such when you click another popup it’s added to the layer and the whole layer is shown again. Having multiple layers/groups of popups would make the implementation a whole lot more complicated. It may get more sophisticated in the future, or it may not.

4 minutes ago, Pils said:

Yes, that’s how this feature works. Think of the popups as being all on a single “layer” and when you hide them the layer is hidden, as such when you click another popup it’s added to the layer and the whole layer is shown again. Having multiple layers/groups of popups would make the implementation a whole lot more complicated. It may get more sophisticated in the future, or it may not.

It's no big deal anyway, just would be cool if it's added to the layer when toggled first.