Upcoming scenery (LPMA - Madeira)

uwespeed

• 1 month later...

Still not finished - struggling with my job taking too much time and additional struggling with e.g. the curved LDIN for rwy 05. Actually the curved LDIN is like a straight "rabbit" light at a normal airport, but I didn't yet figure out how to "connect" the appropriate datarefs to the obj. If there is any lights expert out there, please contact me, so that I can ask details to where I get stuck.

Nevertheless some new screenshots:

c7we5blj98c2l8j76.jpg

c7we6mk1x7947qqlu.jpg

c7we9r7g8tdgwdvea.jpg

c7we6zbtrb0m0g3zm.jpg

c7we7umcvkb34cwmq.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

As I had to interrupt the work on my scenery due to too much stress on the job, and on the other hand some people were waiting anxiously for a realease :), I decided to upload it in the current state. I'd say it is finished about 97% for V1.0.

Nevertheless, I will continue to work on the scenery when I have more time. In later releases, I plan to add ATC taxi routes, houses in the vicinity of the airport, maybe an orthophoto at the airport, more ground markings, oil spills, this and that ...

There are still some things missing and/or buggy, like the curved lead in lights for RWY 05, some textures for the runways, the PAPI for RWY 23, some (minor) bugs in the elevation of the mesh, roads, etc.. But I think the scenery is "flyable".

It isn't an "official" release, so I decided not to upload it here on x-pilot. You can download it here (german site). Click the "Download" button (easy, isn't it? :D)

After unzipping the downloaded file, you get 3 folders:

P_Madeira_12-11-12

P_Madeira_a_roads_12-11-12

P_Madeira_mesh_12-11-12

Simply place them in your Custom Scenery folder. Have fun (hopefully). If you have other issues than the above described, please let me know.

EDIT: you have to turn "runway follow terrain contours" ON.

EDIT 2 (it was too late yesterday night :o): if not already done, please install OpensceneryX and FF Library.

Edited by uwespeed
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks, glad you like it ;).

By the way - and to avoid misunderstandings: the island scenery is from XPFR/Lebelge, "only" tongue.png the airport is my work (with additions from XPFR team like orthophotos, more photorealistic textures for some objects, the curved LDIN for rwy 05, the lighting on the extended runway and some more).

Are you sure that it is Madeira? The only references related to Madeira are the order in the Custom Scenery folder.

0 Custom Scenery/Madeira_1_LPMA/
  3 Custom Scenery/Madeira_2_OBJ/
  4 Custom Scenery/Madeira_3_TEX/

But what seems more to be responsible is e.g. the following:

2:42:41.428 I/SCN: Failed to find resource '64.dds' (parent = 'Custom Scenery/Maarten_TNCM  Princess Juliana Intl & TFFJ St Barthelemy/objects/' at 'Custom Scenery/Maarten_TNCM  Princess Juliana Intl & TFFJ St Barthelemy/objects/64.png'

Try to (temporarily) remove the Maarten_TNCM  Princess Juliana Intl & TFFJ St Barthelemy scenery and see if it helps.

I think you need ff_library ....

With the fact that it wasn't the TNCM pack, I also think that it is the missing FF Library. It was mentioned in the readme, that you need this one. By the way, did you read the readme, because there is mentioned that you should download also the Objects Pack and additionally the mandatory orthophoto scenery (ca. 2 GB - it contains the edited mesh).

By the way, if you don't want to download the ortho scenery due to its large size: I am currently working on a version of the airport which already contains the mesh - see screenshots below.

The buildings on the hill above the airport are from the Objects Pack.

caw4aq3ch6b7j547v.jpg

http://666kb.com/i/caw4bskb5efi9nd7f.jpgcaw4bskb5efi9nd7f.jpg