[Closed] F/O simultaneously works GA checklist together with another one

EnQ

I had to fly a missed approach and pushed TO/GA on the throttle but did not advance the F/O Go-Around checklist. I repositioned for another approach and let the F/O start with the Before Landing checklist using the "check" command. The F/O started working and reading items from both checklists simultaneously, resulting in speed increase above flap limits.

I "aborted" using the "restart all checklists" function from the menu and did not continue to use the F/O checklist function on that session. My expectation as a user would be that the F/O function

1. is protected against simultaneous execution of multiple checklists
  2. does not start/resume the GA checklist if the go-around has happened several minutes ago (it's no longer wanted/expected at that point)

In general, maybe it could make sense to have the F/O raise an interactive prompt (like the phone call/ground crew dialogs) and ask what should be done, if unclear. (Maybe that could even be used to call for a particular checklist?)

Also, I'm not sure if "restart all checklists" was the correct command as it brought up the flight compartment checklist. There currently does not seem to be any way to simply abort/abandon checklists?

Edited by oisintierney

• ois650 changed the title to [Closed] F/O simultaneously works GA checklist together with another one
4 minutes ago, samsoir said:

Just to add I currently have this issue. When reloading into the same aircraft, the F/O is still in a broken state as I run the Flight Compartment Checklist, the FO is also executing the Before Landing Checklist.

Using the menus should allow checklist to be reset, including F/O.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:40 PM, Pils said:

Using the menus should allow checklist to be reset, including F/O.

I have reset the checklists. both current and all, and that does not fix the issue. The FO actions the current selected checklist and the last one that was active before selecting a new one simultaneously.