Changing weights from Pound to Kilos, only work in "career mode", and other feedback.

Torbjoern

Hi guys, hope you all are doing well. This addon is a masterpiece. It's the only word that describes it. So thank you!  Thank you very much! 

Here's some feedback. The first one I can't figure out. The bullets below that are not important at all, but I hope they add some value ;) 

When I load the aircraft and change weights in career-mode, everything is working fine. When doing so in the "noob"-mode, the weights doesn't change. So fuel etc is in lbs., regardless of config-settings. Might be a bug, might be PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer...) 

Other suggestions:

• X-plane uses "Y" to hide or lower yoke by default. Could this be added to this aircraft as well? 
  • Toogle tablets on/off in settings would be nice. Not critical, but nice. 
  • This one is rather hard to explain, because it all depends on how we feel about breaking immersion versus challenges with X-plane's FOV-settings. This is related to the size of the HUD-symbology:
    • When using Ultrawide-monitors, changing the FOV to a high value, fixes the "zoom-level" in the cockpit so it looks correct. So a 1080P monitor would probably benefit from 60-80 in FOV, but ultrawides, typically uses >105. This has a tendency to warp the image a bit, especially on the sides and this is perfectly normal when changing FOVs. 
      A common compromise often includes moving the viewpoint back, and then lower the FOV to find a balance. In terms of seating-position, it is wrong because most addons, including this one has it set perfectly by default, but it does solve the issue common to ultrawides.  With a collimated HUD, this becomes an issue, because moving the seating position changes the HUD-symbology (see picture), and of course it does, it's collimated after all!  But a compromise would be the ability to adjust the HUD-symbology size. Again, not sure if this is the way to go. I solved it using a camera profile in X-camera that focuses exclusively on the HUD with a forced FOV, but its not optimal.

image.thumb.png.a3833636e6d8fa86036a956cfab9cb5f.png 

When I load the aircraft and change weights in career-mode, everything is working fine. When doing so in the "noob"-mode, the weights doesn't change. So fuel etc is in lbs., regardless of config-settings. Might be a bug, might be PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer...) "Noob" mode loads a non persistent airframe for training purposes. It always loads with SVS disabled, fuel in lbs, 2000lbs fuel etc. You must change these settings yourself as there is no state saving in this mode.

Other suggestions:

• X-plane uses "Y" to hide or lower yoke by default. Could this be added to this aircraft as well? I will pass this feedback to the developer
  • Toogle tablets on/off in settings would be nice. Not critical, but nice. Toggle the tablets off by clicking on their respective suction cups
  • This one is rather hard to explain, because it all depends on how we feel about breaking immersion versus challenges with X-plane's FOV-settings. This is related to the size of the HUD-symbology:
    • When using Ultrawide-monitors, changing the FOV to a high value, fixes the "zoom-level" in the cockpit so it looks correct. So a 1080P monitor would probably benefit from 60-80 in FOV, but ultrawides, typically uses >105. This has a tendency to warp the image a bit, especially on the sides and this is perfectly normal when changing FOVs. 
      A common compromise often includes moving the viewpoint back, and then lower the FOV to find a balance. In terms of seating-position, it is wrong because most addons, including this one has it set perfectly by default, but it does solve the issue common to ultrawides.  With a collimated HUD, this becomes an issue, because moving the seating position changes the HUD-symbology (see picture), and of course it does, it's collimated after all!  But a compromise would be the ability to adjust the HUD-symbology size. Again, not sure if this is the way to go. I solved it using a camera profile in X-camera that focuses exclusively on the HUD with a forced FOV, but its not optimal. I am not sure if HUD symbology size customisation is a possibility. One of the beta team tested on an ultrawide monitor and didn't encounter issues. You may need to compromise with FOV unfortunately. 
  • Like 1

Hi Torbjoern.

Regarding the HUD symbology size you also need to have the correct seating position. I can see you're sitting too far behind so you'd need to move forward. Than might feel to you like you're getting too close and unable to see all the PFD/MFD's you'd like. For that you need to change the FOV as Oisín says.

White and orange balls needs to align for correct seating position.
1483444034_CL650-2022-01-0913_15_25.thumb.png.b7a554664fac96bd583e4e7c53f51370.png

Too far back in the seat.

1119721533_CL650-2022-01-0913_16_14.thumb.png.50be30cd60c7cd25a8991cc0d3ed66c0.png

• Like 1

Thanks @SneakyDanish

I eluded to this in my question, that the default position is actually spot spot and correct in most planes, including this one, but when you change FOV, the image can be warped. So a counter to this is adjust the seating position to find a middle-ground, which is not "correct" seating-wise, but fixes the issues with warping the image. In this case however, since the HUD i collimated it will cause other problems. So yes, I completely understand the concept that you illustrated above. Thanks for taking the time either way, and kudos to the coolest username in this forum buddy ;) 

I sorted this our with creating a HUD-camera preset i X-cam, so I'm all good for now.