[FIXED v1.1r1] (Online) Traffic not Showing on PFD/MFD

vCaptain Mike

I've noticed that I'm not seeing any online (VATSIM) traffic on the PFD/MFD displays.

I've gone through the options on both the ATC/TCAS control on the FMS and on the PFD/MDS options.

Also, if the TCAS control on XP is set to LiveTraffic, it doesn't show also.

I might be missing something (most likely) but, just as a reference, on the ToLiss aircraft, TCAS needs to be set to On instead of Auto (why, I do not know).

Traffic (Online or Live) works on all other aircraft. So, I'm guessing I'm just missing on an option somewhere.

Screenshots for reference.

And thank you for this outstanding piece of software.

Screenshot 2022-01-09 135918.jpg

Screenshot 2022-01-09 135932.jpg

Edited by amyinorbit
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I have the same issue as you have.

No traffic is shown when im on VATSIM. Im using the same setting as you are on with TFC on MFD. Have tested with "normal", "above" , "under". But no traffic.

I also tested on EGLL to see arriving and departing traffic. But was not able to see any traffic.

Log.txt

Edited by Tom Stian

Also haveing this problem. Its really annoying especially if you fly on Vatsim. A controller already got mad about me because he asked me to confirm if i can see the traffic in front off me on TCAS and i said no. And he than replied if you cant use TCAS with that aircraft please disconnect from vatsim you are disturbing the ATC work.

Folks, I've identified what the issue is with xPilot (I don't have IVAO or the LiveTraffic plugin). xPilot is setting the weight-on-wheels dataref for all aircraft contacts to permanently '1', causing the CL650's TCAS computer to exclude them from display or computing TAs or RAs against them.

I've submitted a bug report to the xPilot project, so fingers crossed, this will be fixed soon on their end.

It's likely possible LiveTraffic and IVAO have the same bug.

Edited by skiselkov
  • Like 10

53 minutes ago, skiselkov said:

Folks, I've identified what the issue is with xPilot (I don't have IVAO or the LiveTraffic plugin). xPilot is setting the weight-on-wheels dataref for all aircraft contacts to permanently '1', causing the CL650's TCAS computer to exclude them from display or computing TAs or RAs against them.

I've submitted a bug report to the xPilot project, so fingers crossed, this will be fixed soon on their end.

As always, we thank you for the speedy follow up and for putting things in motion for a fix.

And so the flying continues :)

8 hours ago, Arado said:

Also haveing this problem. Its really annoying especially if you fly on Vatsim. A controller already got mad about me because he asked me to confirm if i can see the traffic in front off me on TCAS and i said no. And he than replied if you cant use TCAS with that aircraft please disconnect from vatsim you are disturbing the ATC work.

Arguably you could/should be asked to file your flight plan without TCAS in your equipment code, but disconnecting because you do not support TCAS is not exactly a good solution. Were I you, I would complain to VATSIM about this controller.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, jzdilts said:

Any chance this will also be fixed for offline traffic addons? Not seeing TCAS for offline traffic as well. 

There’s a workaround for the issue with xPilot but unless other addons correctly set the “weight on wheels” dataref for TCAS if/when this workaround is removed they’re going to have problems again. You’ll have to speak to the authors of those addons.

• amyinorbit changed the title to [ACK] (Online) Traffic not Showing on PFD/MFD
On 1/9/2022 at 8:21 PM, skiselkov said:

xPilot v2.0.0-beta.16 is ready and solves the issue.

• Like 2

Report 2275

Fixed in v1.1r1, January 22, 2022

The updated Vatsim client should resolve this issue, but the Challenger 650 has also been modified to disable checking weight on wheels status for TCAS traffic which should also allow provide correct behaviour with older vatsim clients.

If the update does not also correct IVAO or other clients, please open a new thread for each individual issue to help tracking. TVM

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [FIXED v1.1r1] (Online) Traffic not Showing on PFD/MFD
  • Graeme_77 locked this topic