CL650 - Maintenance system

hikariken

hi, 

I bought the plane and I have nothing to complain about! It's a great working and I love the FBO Implementation.

I was wondering though if you could implement the same kind of maintenance system as present in the TBM. It could maybe be placed in a separate "Maintenance and Servicing" office in the FBO or maybe plane logbook where all the grips would be noted after each flight.

on another note if you implement the FBO on the TBM too you will have a winner

• Upvote 1

Hi.

The idea behind the Challenger not having a maintenance system is to simulate or immerse you into being the pilot of the plane. As a corporate pilot you don't do much maintenance in the same way as you do if your an owner/operator of e.g. a TBM. The only similar maintenance feature you see is in the menu: Challenger 650 > Ground Services > Engine Oil replenishment system, as that's something the pilot of a CL650 would be able to do themselves.

FBO for the TBM is a maybe at this time. Others have also suggested it.

I understand it is not the same immersion, but as a private pilot (if I remember from before I lost my medical certification) I was to check the logbook for faults or maybe signs of rough landing and make sure the plane had been serviced within the correct intervals (At least in France those were the pilot's responsibility to check if the plane was fit to fly or certified fit to fly by proper mechanics) and if needed have a mechanic check them out before I could take off. I never owned a plane so I didn't perform the maintenance myself, but I did have to check it had been done and to signal and request repairs if needed.

Hence my idea to have a maintenance/service desk in the FBO where you can request repairs.

I haven't tested how the airframe manager works fully to see how it handles the age of the plane,rough handling (so far only did soft landings) or the use of system failures, so I'm not sure how it saves those status 

Edited by hikariken