[SOLVED] Trouble with park brake keybind on Honeycomb Alpha

Goodfixins

I've tried binding the default "Toggle brakes max effort" and the CL650 Parking Brake command to a button on my Honeycomb Alpha yoke and when I press the button, the parking brake does not engage. I have verified there is hydraulic pressure, and I have also pressed the button while pressing my brakes on my rudder pedals. If I click the park brake handle, it engages just fine. It's only the button bind that's not working.

Edited by Pils

1 hour ago, SneakyDanish said:

You need to hold the toe brakes, and set the parking brake while holding the toe brakes. If you simply apply the park brake, there will be no braking effect. You can still assign a button for it, but toe brakes needs to be held as well.

I tried depressing the toe brakes while pressing the button I have bound to park brake and it still does not engage.

12 hours ago, SneakyDanish said:

You need to hold the toe brakes, and set the parking brake while holding the toe brakes. If you simply apply the park brake, there will be no braking effect. You can still assign a button for it, but toe brakes needs to be held as well.

In that event, the park brake handle would still engage (but, as you pointed out, there would be no actual braking effect); his issue is that the handle itself won't engage and/or stay engaged…

9 hours ago, Pils said:

Can you take a screenshot of your binding so I can replicate exactly please?

Here's screenshots of the two different bindings I've tried. One is the default and the other is found in the Challenger commands. I've tried them both on this same button. I haven't tried to bind it to any other buttons, if I get time today I will check that

alphachallengerbind-custom.png

alphachallengerbind-default.png

• Pils changed the title to [SOLVED] Trouble with park brake keybind on Honeycomb Alpha