Co-Pilot and Checklists

GouliAndPlanes

Greetings ! 

Following our discussion with LES on Reddit, please find what was said here, as requested.

So, here is my feedback : Overall, very good experience.
The only thing I have to say is : BOY THAT COPILOT IS A SLOW ONE ! The checklist system left me wondering if what I learned during my flight training was correct. If I remember my MCC in a very similar cockpit, we were working way faster and smoother. Any chance to update the checklist system to a more realistic one (aka Do-List and CheckList) ? From my experience, you do all the actions and then check them with the checklist. Way faster than following the CL while you're doing the actions. For that, I would expect a way to call "Before XXX actions", PM doing his part, then him telling "Before XXX actions completed" and then I would say "Before XXX checklist" and then we will have the checklist done.

That has to be me doing something wrong here : does he actually calls Vspeeds ? If yes, that's on my side, went for some training traffic patterns in order to get more familiar with the aircraft. EDIT: Flew a X-Country, got Vspeed Disagree on TO and APP. Manually entering the values didnt made the PM call for Vspeeds tho.

Your MCC instructor should have told you that everything in complex aircraft is done slowly and methodically ;-)

It's not an airline memory/flow operation followed by the checks, these are read-and-do procedures for pilots that fly about 200 hours per year, sometimes less than 20 on type.  We have subject matter experts testing the product, and these are real world procedures verified by pilots with extensive Challenger experience. 

V speed callouts are not implemented.

• Like 1

He might have told me, it was some time ago :D 

I get the idea yeah, i was just surprised by the slow-pace of the normal procedures. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely not a criticism of the knowledge of the people you worked with, they obviously know more than me on the CL6. 

Oh. Okay then. Any chance to see Vspeeds callouts coming in a future update ? 

Edited by TheFrenchScar

The set of procedures the simulation has is not likely to be changed as the developers and SMEs felt the prescriptive nature of the read-and-do procedures would be of most use to sim pilots who enjoy flying loads of different aircraft types. However the system is open to user customisation and everybody is keen to see what VA, airline and military SOPs the community comes up with.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Graeme_77 said:

The set of procedures the simulation has is not likely to be changed as the developers and SMEs felt the prescriptive nature of the read-and-do procedures would be of most use to sim pilots who enjoy flying loads of different aircraft types. However the system is open to user customisation and everybody is keen to see what VA, airline and military SOPs the community comes up with.

I will look into it. Nice thing that we can customize the XML checklist. It will require new custom voice recordings correct ?

• Like 1