[SOLVED] Strange issue with Performance

robbietp1

Hey guys,

At random times everything seems to go a bit crazy and I go from 40 fps down to 20 and everything slows down. It seems to be completely random, I cant find a common situation between all the times it has happened. I know some others were having similar issues. Interested to see if anyone can help! 

Update: Its something to do with Gizmo and I believe X-aviation, seems to be some sort of issue there where Gizmo is using more than the actual Challenger

103589249_X-System08_01_202221_10_13.png

Edited by robbietp1
  • Upvote 2

It currently appears that this is not gizmo or the CL650 but rather task saturation is occurring on your processor and the high execution times you see are a function of the task scheduling in the flight loop being delayed.

@robbietp1 what processor do you have currently installed? additionally can you try removing all addon plugins except gizmo and seeing if that helps with execution time.

Edited by CaptCrash

• CaptCrash changed the title to [OPEN] Strange issue with Performance
7 hours ago, CaptCrash said:

It currently appears that this is not gizmo or the CL650 but rather task saturation is occurring on your processor and the high execution times you see are a function of the task scheduling in the flight loop being delayed.

@robbietp1 what processor do you have currently installed? additionally can you try removing all addon plugins except gizmo and seeing if that helps with execution time.

Thanks for the Reply, I’m running a Quad core I5-2400 at 3.4 GHz which I believe is the minimum needed. I will try and remove most my addon plug-ins and see if it helps today! 
Cheers. 

12 hours ago, CaptCrash said:

So i have tried it with almost every plugin removed and it is still doing it unfortunately. the CL650's usage is peaking up to 20,000 and more.  

I can understand that my PC may be limiting it, but with everything turned down and or off I would have expected some sort of improvement, there has been nothing so far for some reason. on average the CL650 is using 6,000us. The TBM was far less than this for me. What your saying about the flight loops does make sense as you can see here its causing most the issue but why is it happening and how can it be solved? 1307507713_CL650-2022-01-0914_05_42.thumb.png.73c44b343b97db22f1a61020acd2adc0.png

Edited by robbietp1

I've run a bunch of A B testing on Gizmo retail vs Gizmo dev branch and it looks like a bunch of this is on me. 

I'm seeing some pretty abysmal perf numbers out of retail. :(

The good news is I'm seeing some significantly better numbers out of the dev branch...

Will push harder to get you all something soon.

Turns out Gizmo is NOT the issue. See last post in this thread.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

I've run a bunch of A B testing on Gizmo retail vs Gizmo dev branch and it looks like a bunch of this is on me. 

I'm seeing some pretty abysmal perf numbers out of retail. :(

The good news is I'm seeing some significantly better numbers out of the dev branch...

Will push harder to get you all something soon.

This sounds really promising Ben! thanks for the update and taking the time and effort to look into it Looking forward to a fix in the near future :)

1 hour ago, Ben Russell said:

Fixed the blocking issue with dev branch just now.

Need to sleep on it, then review for packaging...

Shouldn't be too much longer.

Thanks for the update Ben! Really appreciate how quickly you responded and diagnosed the issue. 

Hi there, i just wanted to confirm that I’ve experienced this issue in 3 times before TOD. I go from 30 to 10 fps and flying becomes impossible in VATSIM or even out of it. 

specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4 core 4.2 GHz 

VRam 1660 ti 6 gb 

ram 32 gb 

i would love to know how I can improve this situation as I love the airplane.

thanks

Hector

8 hours ago, andresmado said:

Hi there, i just wanted to confirm that I’ve experienced this issue in 3 times before TOD. I go from 30 to 10 fps and flying becomes impossible in VATSIM or even out of it. 

specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4 core 4.2 GHz 

VRam 1660 ti 6 gb 

ram 32 gb 

i would love to know how I can improve this situation as I love the airplane.

thanks

Hector

Hi Hector, please see above messages from Ben, the problem was identified within the Gizmo plug-in and they have been working hard to address and fix this issue which from what I can see is now more or less done and just wrapping up. So it should be fixed hopefully very soon. Cheers! 

6 hours ago, robbietp1 said:

Hi Hector, please see above messages from Ben, the problem was identified within the Gizmo plug-in and they have been working hard to address and fix this issue which from what I can see is now more or less done and just wrapping up. So it should be fixed hopefully very soon. Cheers! 

Hi Robbietp1,

Yes I read the messages. Thank you very much and looking forward to this! 

Cheers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Bond said:

Will this gizmo fix be CL650 or an xplane patch?

Gizmo is an x-plane plugin. 

Gizmo is installed with the CL650 package. 

The update will probably be made available as a separate installer or zip file for a week or so while we verify that it fixes or improves these performance issues without creating any further problems. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Gizmo is an x-plane plugin. 

Gizmo is installed with the CL650 package. 

The update will probably be made available as a separate installer or zip file for a week or so while we verify that it fixes or improves these performance issues without creating any further problems. 

Hi Ben,

Is there an ETA for the release?

I have the same problem. 

Gizmo64 need 3-10FPS it jump in an intervall of 5 seconds up and down.

I  look in my Taskmanager but there are no problems with perfomance. My CPU run with 85% and my Videocard with 9% and Ram with 66%. 

On ground i have 20-30 FPS but in Flight the fps drops to 5-20FPS. When i set the Video settings to middle i have 15-20 FPS but i have  stuttering.

Same with Video setting low. I tryed to deactivate all plugins except :Better pushback, Avitab , Xpuipc, Gizmo64, Airplane plugins, but that dont help.

When i fly TBM 900  there no problems with Gizmo64 and i have normal performance.

1254818115_xp11gpu.thumb.PNG.1457565ca3187e70765e9db92a791eff.PNG

1420371205_xp11cpuPNG.thumb.PNG.1dfc796c4c8fd125666789cfea9eed70.PNG

108560096_xp11performance.thumb.jpg.5409b2010f6234012e8d6c921feb0f71.jpg

An update to this issue...

We thought we had this pinned down as definitely an issue with Gizmo, but we have realized that is now not likely to be the case.

It's a long story, but the short version is what Ben thought was a perf issue he had seen between retail and dev branch wasn't so much the case.

We have a couple of operating theories on what's happening right now, but we need some data points to prove the case. For those of you that had experienced this, please PM me if I have not yet reached out to you on my own.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Cameron changed the title to [SOLVED] Strange issue with Performance