What do I do if I keep getting DL FPLN REJECTED

skiselkov

I had this issue in one of my flights (others worked just fine) but I think a different rootcause. 

When I looked at the simbrief route, it seemed like there was a VORradialdistance waypoint (looked like XXX27020) in the route. I tried entering this manually in the fms and it didn't accept this format.

Could this also be causing the rejected message?

Somewhat related, why use the SimBrief Pilot ID instead of the User Name? The latest briefing XML and/or JSON should be obtainable with either:

https://www.simbrief.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1422

Is it simpler to use the ID to avoid dealing with spaces or potential character encoding issues? Or are you using a different way to retrieve flight data for another reason?

51 minutes ago, Clumsy said:

I had this issue in one of my flights (others worked just fine) but I think a different rootcause. 

When I looked at the simbrief route, it seemed like there was a VORradialdistance waypoint (looked like XXX27020) in the route. I tried entering this manually in the fms and it didn't accept this format.

Could this also be causing the rejected message?

Please provide the FMS file and we’ll test it.

Hello, 

The correct way to input a VOR radial/distance into the Collins FMS is as follows: VOR RADIAL/DISTANCE. For example, to navigate to the Shannon radial 115 at 28 DME you would insert SHA115/28. To navigate to the Macrihanish radial 284 at 45 DME you would insert MAC284/45

Brgds

3 hours ago, oisintierney said:

Hello, 

The correct way to input a VOR radial/distance into the Collins FMS is as follows: VOR RADIAL/DISTANCE. For example, to navigate to the Shannon radial 115 at 28 DME you would insert SHA115/28. To navigate to the Macrihanish radial 284 at 45 DME you would insert MAC284/45

Brgds

SimBrief doesn't know about the Challenger though, it's the Challenger plugin that should decode the SimBrief route string from the XML/JSON (or whatever other API/endpoint it's using) and convert the format as required ;)

5 minutes ago, Rodeo said:

The (X-Plane) FMS file would merely include a lat/long coordinate waypoint and likely not demonstrate the issue?

We had some parsing errors during the beta and the .FMS file was helpful for debugging. I don’t know what it would have for a VOR-based waypoint, I’m hoping the original definition. But to be safe, @Clumsy please provide the route in full text format as well.

4 hours ago, Rodeo said:

Somewhat related, why use the SimBrief Pilot ID instead of the User Name? The latest briefing XML and/or JSON should be obtainable with either:

https://www.simbrief.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1422

Is it simpler to use the ID to avoid dealing with spaces or potential character encoding issues? Or are you using a different way to retrieve flight data for another reason?

I don’t know the original reason for using the Pilot ID, possibly as a privacy/security feature. However, Toto is aware of the username being an option in the API, and also of the usability implications of the current method, and he is considering whether a change is warranted.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pils said:

I don’t know what it would have for a VOR-based waypoint, I’m hoping the original definition.

The X-Plane .fms format is sadly rather limited (no support for any "composite" or "derived" waypoints of any kind; it would be latitude and longitude only.

https://developer.x-plane.com/article/flightplan-files-v11-fms-file-format/

The first column is the type of waypoint, and corresponds to the first column in a v3 .fms file. It is 1 for airport, 2 for NDB, 3 for VOR, 11 for named fix and 28 for unnamed lat/lon waypoints.

…and that's it sadly. The v11 format does support airway identifiers at least, and can have SID/STAR separated from the enroute portion, so that's better than nothing (i.e. the v3 version of the format) :)

6 hours ago, Clumsy said:

I tried entering this manually in the fms and it didn't accept this format.

Manual entry format here. Not confirmed the Simbrief format is the root cause as stated in the post above, which will be revised, so please still provide the full route and .FMS file.

2 hours ago, Pils said:

Manual entry format here. Not confirmed the Simbrief format is the root cause as stated in the post above, which will be revised, so please still provide the full route and .FMS file.

Sure thing. Please see attached for the FMS file.

Here's the full route: KAVL/35 DCT VIEWS DCT COLZI DCT FAK237020 DCT FAK DCT BUKYY DCT
JAYBO DCT SIE DCT KACY/31

I see in the fms file that this VORradialdistance format is present as well.

If you start a new flight in simbrief and enter KAVL to KACY, that is the first route that it will recommend you.

KAVLKACY01.fms

• Like 2

I'm also getting the rejected message. Triple checked simbrief number is good, cleared out previous flight, no joy. 

After generating the plan on SB, is there another step?

Does my subscription need to be current? I ensure I get a green "Your route is valid for AIRAC XXXX" first since I have an outdated database.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:33 PM, Omar Alqinneh said:

Hello. I've tried everything outlined above but still nothing's working.
here is log.txt, simbrief FMS file and route. 
Log.txt

route: GENE6T GENEX N318 NEVOL Q255 LUDEP P559 RASMO L550 VATIM V45 ITIXI M691 SILBA P559 EGREX L308 DAROR 

OJAIOMAR01.fms 1008 B · 0 downloads

As discussed on Discord, this is due to OMAR not having any instrument procedures and therefore being excluded from the FMS's database. A fix for this will be in a forthcoming update.

• Upvote 1

On 1/9/2022 at 1:56 AM, Clumsy said:

Sure thing. Please see attached for the FMS file.

Here's the full route: KAVL/35 DCT VIEWS DCT COLZI DCT FAK237020 DCT FAK DCT BUKYY DCT
JAYBO DCT SIE DCT KACY/31

I see in the fms file that this VORradialdistance format is present as well.

If you start a new flight in simbrief and enter KAVL to KACY, that is the first route that it will recommend you.

KAVLKACY01.fms 493 B · 2 downloads

This specific issue has been fixed by the developer and will come with the first update. Thanks for helping improve the product!

• Like 2

I apologize to the moderators. 

I looked through "Systems and Tech" for a similar issue and couldn't find it, so I posted my issue. 

It looks like we have the same problem. 

Using SimBrief with FMS - DL FPLN REJECTED - Systems and Tech - X-Pilot

When using the default AIRAC in SimBrief is there anything we have to download?

The Default is from 2003 and the database on the FMS reads 2018. Is this maybe the issue?

4 hours ago, chroode said:

The Default is from 2003 and the database on the FMS reads 2018. Is this maybe the issue?

Seems possible. One cumbersome but hopefully reliable way to check it might be to try and enter the route manually in the Challenger (or even the default FMS) and see if any waypoints are missing or if there are airway mismatch errors, for example.

If there is, then there's no easy way to fix it other than to redispatch with a route that works for both cycles (e.g. replacing any missing fixes, maybe by lat/long coordinates, and replacing airways by directs, that sort of thing).

I suppose, generally, always replacing every airway by directs (adding all or some intermediate fixes manually, for example when the airway changes course) is a good idea when your Simbrief and simulator cycles differ.

One solution commonly employed is for people to buy one month of Navigraph Ultimate, which lets you update both SimBrief and your aircraft so their cycles match (don't forget to backup your Custom Data folder as well as any folders for aircraft where the navdata is located elsewhere), then cancel their subscription so it doesn't renew.

SimBrief will allow you to use your old dataset forever (as of a few years ago), though some people like to repeat the procedure every year so as to keep their navigation database reasonably recent.

Regards,

Tim

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chroode said:

I think that’s Cycle 2003 vs. Year 2018, they’re not directly comparable. If you want to know what cycle is in use by X-Plane’s default nav data you can check the files in Resources/default data (if I remember correctly). The header will say the cycle number. You may be able to change Simbrief to match.

X-Plane 11.55 ships with cycle 1802 (year 2018 indeed). SimBrief lets you use the default cycle (2003 from 2020) or any cycles you've purchased via Navigraph and unlocked on SimBrief while said cycle was active (so you'd have needed a Navigraph subscription in early 2018 and unlocked 1802 then).

• Pils locked this topic