VR Feedback/Recommendations

JC_YYZ

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 5:56 PM, severniae said:

Guys, have patience - Goran has the files and has assured me he will work on it - in the meantime I will put together instructions on how to implement my vrconfig and cockpit switches, just give me a few days....

Hi @severniae - just curious whether there has been progress on the VR side on this addon? The VR threads turned silent and when looking at the recent changelogs no VR improvements have been posted. Still on the fence to buy but at that price only if VR is supported for most features.

• Upvote 1

@zrh28 apologies for the radio silence here. At this point in time work is ongoing on new features and outstanding bug fixes. It is worth mentioning that any new features have been in the works for a long time and are not taking precedence over the start of VR work. As there is no official development roadmap I cannot give you a timeframe of when VR compatibility will happen. I can tell you however that it is most definitely on the list as a significant minority of customers are VR users. 

Brgds

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are you guys flying in VR with this bird ?  hesitating at the moment because of VR no improved.  is it usable ?

have honeycomb alpha and bravo, so eg if the throttle does not work as good as in the TBM900 i can live with it

but are the switches and knobs usable in VR ?  HP Reverb G2 here.

14 hours ago, Franz said:

Are you guys flying in VR with this bird ?  hesitating at the moment because of VR no improved.  is it usable ?

have honeycomb alpha and bravo, so eg if the throttle does not work as good as in the TBM900 i can live with it

but are the switches and knobs usable in VR ?  HP Reverb G2 here.

If you use the VR controllers, all the switches work except the ones that have 3 position (ex: audio test 1, audio test 2, return to center). None of them are critical to normal operations, I just skip these tests.

If you don't want to use VR controllers, you need a hell of a lot of buttons on your joysticks or be able to use your keyboard blind, because, well, this plane has a lot of buttons!

For some reason, the throttle absolutely requires a joystick. If I move it up with a VR controller it snaps right back to zero, even if I removed the throttles from all joystick axis. Also thrust reversers are not usable with VR controllers, you must bind it to a joystick button.

The popups: fuel guy, phone for Jenny do not appear in VR. You need to go back to 2D to use them. I don't use Jenny, and I start with the fuel guy and finish it before I go into VR (or go out and back in)

Do not enter VR until you exit the FBO and are outside next to the plane.

So, far from perfect, but still doable if you don't mind the compromises. It is absolutely awesome to fly this bird in VR. You just feel so "present". It's like you can feel it's weight and inertia. I would not wait, knowing what I know. 

It's perfectly ok to wait too. Hope this helps. 

PS: I fly with G2

Edited by louism
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

basically with Honeycomb Alpha and bravo and VR controllers the normal operations work fine.  most of the buttons work (have only started wtih the challenger).

fuellihg and FBO with all pre taxi preparations i do in standared desktop mode atm.

2 issues

-- FBO phone does not work in VR

--1st officer voice is not working anymore as soon as i switch to VR.  is fine in pancake mode.  he is doing thework and i can read the checklist but the voice is muted.

would be great to address these points. 

thanks Franz

• 8 months later...

you have to operate the FBO and fuelling guy without 2D.  Also hand signals to remove chocks you cannot see in VR.
otherwise, study level screens you can execute from the menu.

also you cannot see the hints of the checklist.  voice of the 1st officr i can hear and 1st officer actions his tasks. so if you switch into VR when starting taxi then you can fly the CL650 great.  

so yes there could be finetuning like walkaround in VR would be an awesome experience (like the A2A in msfs) but the challenger is working great today !