[ACK] Small visual requests

MediocreGorilla

Hi everyone,

first of all thank you so much for this masterpiece of airplane. This lady is a real marvel and I'm having so much fun carrying my virtual passengers through the skies!

While I have nothing to complain about, which is remarkable for such a complex aircraft, I'd like to share some spots on the plane which I think don't live up to the insane visual standard of the plane yet.

Let me get right into it.

[SOLVED] On the nose, there are some latches that have nothing behind them, which lets the environment bleed through.

a3.thumb.PNG.ab54e7de8cac2932f7bc71e4eb28fddc.PNGA2.thumb.PNG.d547ba307aee371be1838926101a631a.PNG

[SOLVED] The entrance curtain/divider clips through its door when moving.

A1.thumb.PNG.8a720f33d5c6b4e988f5b2ba48952912.PNG

[SOLVED] And the panel covering the cabin door could need some hinges or be moved closer to the wall. Right now it's just floating.

A4.thumb.PNG.e3ddbc4119f76a76725dc1d5d14173bc.PNG

You see, easy stuff, which is why I'd love to see those areas getting a little polish. Maybe you can take a look whenever time allows?

Thanks and kind regards!

Edited by MediocreGorilla

• amyinorbit changed the title to [ACK] Small visual requests

Thanks for acknowledging those! Sorry if they may double, I've checked existing reports, but it's a bit hard to keep track. :)

[SOLVED] May I add another small observation here? There's this part on the nose gear that I think is supposed to be attached to the strut. It just hovers when the gear is extending though. Very well visible from the front during extension:

A1.thumb.PNG.dfc6e058e9c1b21ada4dbcd697f92461.PNG

Edited by MediocreGorilla

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone and thanks for all the fixes. Love how you care about the smallest details and improve on them!

To me it feels like there's been some work done on those nose hinges, that's why I'd like to revisit the topic:

image.thumb.png.8139d96b1aff574f298b475655660aff.png

image.png.54b8224b3fc34e84a63ef5ff7be94aaa.png

Unfortunately there's still some see-through going on around those. If you ask me they'd need some kind of "cover" around them by extruding the edges of the cutouts along the hinges and cap the hole behind them.

Maybe you can take another look at these whenever time allows?

I absolutely love this plane, haven't been flying anything else since it's release, so thanks once again for all you achieved!

20 hours ago, MediocreGorilla said:

Hi everyone and thanks for all the fixes. Love how you care about the smallest details and improve on them!

To me it feels like there's been some work done on those nose hinges, that's why I'd like to revisit the topic:

Unfortunately there's still some see-through going on around those. If you ask me they'd need some kind of "cover" around them by extruding the edges of the cutouts along the hinges and cap the hole behind them.

Maybe you can take another look at these whenever time allows?

I absolutely love this plane, haven't been flying anything else since it's release, so thanks once again for all you achieved!

There is nothing behind there at this time.  An equipment maintenance section will be made.

18 hours ago, silverchord said:

hi

A small slot here:

Good eye.  Fixed.

14 hours ago, silverchord said:

Hi

Another thing i saw; the stair railing reflects the taxilines when closed.

Nothing we can do about that.  That's X-Planes reflection rendering.  It's the same reason we can't make the interior a high gloss finish.  It'll reflect everything in the cockpit.  

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 2

On 1/9/2022 at 7:01 PM, Rhinozherous said:

Adding screenshots of the above mentioned dark refueling panel.

I dont use any Shaders or similar plugins.

Refuel1.png

Refuel2.png

image.png.1d5eb0227dba24a564a9bf9ef50c4dc5.png

For this I made a little change in CircuitBreakers_0.png, so just drop it on objects folder.

Download the bellow image and paste it on objects folder: 

CircuitBreakers_0.png

Edited by Victor_Tango_Mike
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 3:50 AM, nvir0 said:

I have another one, ground power unit goes transparent when standing behind it (see the nose wheel)

Unfortunately, this one is unavoidable.  That's X-Planes rendering going crazy with custom objects that are not attached to the acf, at certain angles.  

On 1/12/2022 at 10:20 PM, zeagull said:

Throttle lables dissapear when throttles are moved forward out of shut-off.

Fixed.

On 1/12/2022 at 8:07 AM, MediocreGorilla said:

Another easy, small one from me. ^_^ CB panel screw is flickering:

Fixed.

On 1/25/2022 at 1:16 AM, zeagull said:

Maybe make a seperate forum for this since its quite a big issue for me considering how much the aircraft costs, the winglets also look a bit strange compared to the real thing

I used diagrams from the AMM for the winglets.  It's a delicate issue when comparing diagrams to photos, and to play it safe, for now, I'm going to keep the winglets how they are (matching AMM diagrams.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:49 AM, Victor_Tango_Mike said:

Hi 

The Unlocked/Locked indicator can't be seen at night, even with a flashlight

Not really sure why this is happening.  It's just another object, with nothing special being done to it.

On 1/27/2022 at 6:49 AM, MediocreGorilla said:

The entire door has a gap around it on the exterior

The gap is deliberate.  No door has a perfect seal around it (apart from the seal within the door that maintains pressurization.)

On 1/27/2022 at 6:49 AM, MediocreGorilla said:

And the panel on top of the exit window has noch faces on the back, only the edge is visible from the outside:

Ummm, okay.  I'll try and do something in there.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 1:55 AM, Goran_M said:

The gap is deliberate.  No door has a perfect seal around it (apart from the seal within the door that maintains pressurization.)

Sorry, I may have been a bit unprecise on that one. I get that there's a gap, totally makes sense. The main thing I wanted to point out is that through that gap you can see right into the cabin. There should probably be a seal as you mentioned?

Not wanting to argue though, if it's the way you inted it, I'm fine with that. ^_^ Thanks for your amazingly detailled and fast work!