Money paid, now what?

Thunder

Hello,

I just purchased the Javelin (looks really nice). I paid with Paypal, but then I realized in the process it didn't ask me to add any information about myself (like email), so how are you gonna send me the d/load link??

I can give you the transaction ID if needed  :D

Quick question: I just updated to 9.30, is the javelin flyable already in this version?

Thanks

I downloaded it and already tried it, but the airplane does not work correctly on my 9.30. When X-plane is loading the airplane, a message says that there are problems with the model. Once loaded, I can see the cockpit, but all the instruments are wrong (e.g. the Hud is showing a 737 style ADI that covers up the view). The external model is invisible except for what looks to be the 3d cockpit model...

Hey, problem solved  ;D 

I simply reinstalled the Javelin and tried it again, it works now. Also version 2 works good with X-plane 9.31.

Appearently I set some options wrong when extracting the plane to its folder and probably some files got corrupted. I just installed the FBW plugin and now I'm gonna try it. All together it looks very good!!

Keep up the good work, big thumbs up  :D

Ok.. I have tested several options and everything is ok (as I tested before on 9.31, but the 1.2). Also I tested the 1.0 version to see if anything was wrong... and nothing.

I think what you have (because of the 737 on the hud) is a "no load several options of the plane", and also the external model out. That is because the plane didn't intall ok. The way that it should be. Maybe you did it right, but I will tell you how the ATG Javelin should be installed, and also the options you should put on x-plane to make it fly correctly.

1. download the ATG Javelin 1.0 version from the link I gave you if it is a Jrollon.com version (on x-aviations it comes already with the 1.2 version on it)

2. It is a zip file so, we open it with winrar or winzip and then we will see a "ATG Javelin 1.0" folder. Just select it and drag inside your x-plane/aircraft/general aviation/ folder. It will start the decompress of all the files.

3. on x-plane/aircraft/general aviation/ you should have an "ATG Javelin 1.0" folder with these other files and folders:

Airfoils

COCKPIT

liveries

Manual

objects

sounds

Templates

and the files: ATGJavelin.acf, ATGJavelin_cockpit.png, ATGJavelin_icon.png, ATGJavelin_paint2.png, ATGJavelin_paint.png, PilotView.dat, PilotViewLimits.dat and xfcs.ini

ok.. for what you tell me about not seeing the external model, maybe not the pilot also inside de cockpit on external views, and the 737 hud.. you maybe don't have the "objects" and "COCKPIT" folders.. or maybe one of the multiple files they have inside those ones.

If so.. try to unzip with unzip option on winzip (or mac zip.. or linux) because I think you are loosing some of the files

Once you have done all of this.. try the 1.0 version. See if it is seen ok.

it is seen ok?.. the update to the 1.2 version.

4. Go to the updates page on www.jrollon.com and download only the Update2.

As it is said on the update2: "Unzip the file on the same directory of the Javelin. Even is 1.0 or 1.1. Overwrite the folders and files, but don't delete any file or folder. Rename the ATG Javelin 1.0 or 1.1 to ATG Javelin 1.2 if you wish."

If you just unziped this file in other place.. with nothing inside.. then you may have the problems you are writing me.

Ok... everything is ok.. you have the 1.2 version (if is a bad installed version the issue you had).

next step is put the textures resolution in very high or extreme resolution. Lower than that you could have problems seeing them correctly. to modify it you have to go to SETTINGS/RENDERING OPTIONS. on the up-left corner.

and finally on SETTINGS/OPERATION & WARNINGS you have to put the "flight models per frame" that maybe is on 1.. to 3. to make the plane fly the correct way it should be.

Also if you are going to use the autopilot.. don't map any trim on the joystick (if you don't pretend to use the autopilot, then no problem).

And nothing more. See if what happens to you is something I told you. Try the 1.0 version first.. and then UPDATE to 1.2 version. The plane will be ok on 9.31. Tested in several computers with no problem.

Tell me if you have any problem.

Thanks!  :D