[FIXED 0002315] Reverse thrust does not work on the TCA airbus throttle

ruccoa1

Currently reverse thrust is no responding to my throttle inputs when moving the throttles past the idle gate. I don't believe this is an issue with how I have the plane set up at all, because using the default x-plane toggle reverse binding works correctly and the throttles lift the reverse levers. The TCA throttle uses an axis to control both throttle and reverse, the bottom 0-25% of the range is dedicated to the reverse range, and the top 25%-100% is the regular throttle range.

image.png.ac7c2bbf8bd3a445cf70b5a9e45b483e.png

I haven't had an issue like this in any other plane with this exact throttle curve, so I believe the issue is how the challenger is not looking for the hardware throttle axis to register a reverse range, and is only looking for a button press.

I'm willing to sit down in voice chat if there is still some confusion of how I'm trying to do this, because it's kind of difficult to put this all into words. The airbus throttle style is meant to register full reverse when the axis is at 0%, unlike the boeing style where you pull the lever and push forward.

Edited by Pils
  • Like 1

and this should behave the same way for any throttle axis that you check the "has beta/reverse" checkbox. if you compare how the plane's throttle responds when going from idle to reverse in this plane vs the toliss/ini/zibo planes you'll see the issue

• Like 1

Yes exactly the same problem, the reverser is not working with joystick axis. Unfortunately the TCA button on the reverses is also not working but this is a XPlane problem in the .joy file from the TCA Airbus throttle.

The button is not activ? Works in P3D ?

Bruno

• Like 1

I’ll be honest with you all, I always considered this curve modifier as only applicable to prop planes, I never thought to use it for jets. Hence, I have no idea what it actually does behind the scenes.

Are you saying that every addon you own has custom support for the TCA? Because I only know of the FlightFactor and ToLiss Airbuses that do.

So, if you want this supported in the CL-650, it would help if you can describe to me what exactly needs to change in the addon?

thanks.

Looking at some of the cockpit data output stuff, it looks like there is a value for "engine feather, beta, reverse thrust" that it can display. Loaded into the zibo to test it out. if thrust is forward this value is one, if I move the throttle to reverse it changes to 3. when I then move the axis all the way to max reverse, the throttle (actual) command increases. so all toto should need to do is watch for this engine feather beta reverse dataref to be set to 3, and then when this is the case, command reverse thrust as the throttle axis increases.

image.png.7b8dd63d60d89201c9670ffc20e0b6d4.png

Edited by ruccoa1

Is this discussion not being overcomplicated? The TCA throttle has a reverse range protected by levers, and the protected part can be indicated as part of the reverse range in the response curve. Standard x-plane function. Every addon can work with this, so should be no reason this very complex and advanced addon cannot.. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/8/2022 at 11:55 AM, ruccoa1 said:

I haven't had an issue like this in any other plane with this exact throttle curve, so I believe the issue is how the challenger is not looking for the hardware throttle axis to register a reverse range, and is only looking for a button press.

I'm sure that's because most addons are using default systems so get this "for free". I imagine the developer just didn't consider someone using a setting that seems made for turboprops not jets (it has "beta" in the name, and forces you to have a beta range in the curve, even if it's tooltip mentions jets, no-one looks at tooltips, including me until now...). But if I can figure out how it works then I can request support. No promises.

As such, how did you get the second column of numbers to change? Every time I do it resets to 0.17, 0.33, etc. Don't worry, I figured it out and it's messed up, stupid X-Plane. But I still can't figure out how this is meant to work on the backend.

On 1/10/2022 at 3:48 AM, IMatAMS said:

Every addon can work with this, so should be no reason this very complex and advanced addon cannot.. 

Of course it can but it's going to take custom support because this addon isn't using any default LR systems unlike every other addon in X-Plane.

Edited by Pils

On 1/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, ruccoa1 said:

so all toto should need to do is watch for this engine feather beta reverse dataref to be set to 3, and then when this is the case, command reverse thrust as the throttle axis increases.

Thanks. I think there’s a piece of the puzzle missing because I set up this curve like yours, tested it in the default 737 while watching datarefs you mentioned and it worked, however the same dataref changes didn’t happen in the 650. Hopefully there’s some obvious switch in Plane Maker that they can find.

• Like 1

• Pils changed the title to [LOGGED 0002315] Reverse thrust does not work on the TCA airbus throttle
  • Pils locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Pils changed the title to [CLOSED 0002315] Reverse thrust does not work on the TCA airbus throttle
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Pils changed the title to [FIXED 0002315] Reverse thrust does not work on the TCA airbus throttle