[Solved] "Set mean time" failures don't restart after loading scenario / flight

Fiorentoni

1. Set mean time failure (e.g. 60 minutes, or 2 minutes for testing)

2. quit Xplane

3. reload same aircraft
4. failure is still entered, but timer is not running

Solutions:
a) automatically restart all timers (from full set mean time value) when loading plane
OR
b) save timer status (e.g. only 10/60 min left) when exiting and reload those values when loading the plane

Both solutions can be useful

Edited by oisintierney

• ois650 changed the title to [Solved] "Set mean time" failures don't restart after loading scenario / flight
1 hour ago, oisintierney said:

Hello,

Failures should be reset before leaving the aircraft. Mean time failures are not designed to persist from flight to flight. The purpose of the failure system is for training scenarios which take place over one flight.

Brgds

Yes I followed that discussion on discord. It's just that there needs to be a general random failure trigger of some sort with mean time, which I was trying to accomplish this way; I think something like PMDG or FSLABS did (1 random failure every ~10h, if you wish so) would be a popular feature here, it greatly increases immersion if you have a reason to do checklists and watch the engines & co. during cruise.
I understand the reason with training, but there is no sense in training if the situation can never occur outside of the training (well, unless you are a real 650 pilot). But I did not want to engage into that discussion here, so thank you for your feedback.

• Like 3