[SOLVED] VNAV speed control not selectable

Rhinozherous

Hello!

I am unsure what I did wrong here... I followed the checklist and had TO mode for the ATS selected before takeoff. But on takeoff I got a "Fail" in the ATS window as I tried activating it for the to roll.

After Takeoff I was able to select ATS and I was able to get it into climb mode. I tried VNAV speed control via Perf 2x and LSK 6L, but I got "Key not active" as a response. In the screenshot you can see that there is something missing at LSK 6L

What could I messed up here?

Thank you!

1918077275_2022-01-0816_04_26-X-System.png

Edited by Rhinozherous

Hey,

When you say "tried activating it for the TO roll", what did you do? (Advance the throttles forward, pushed a button, etc)

As for being unable to use vnav speeds (I believe it's worded something like "Resume xxx kts speed", make sure you've got VNAV mode selected.

In Graeme's pre-release stream, he framed it in the following way that helped me understand it better.

In the Challenger, VNAV is just a modifier, it's not a vertical navigation mode on it's own.

You'll want to use one of the modes such as FLC, VS, PATH

Activating VNAV whilst any of those are active, will then make them VNAV compliant (my wording), so they will ahdere to any constraints set.

It'll also chenge their indication slightly, to show you that they are using the VNAV information

E.g. FLC will turn into VFLC

Path to VPath

• Like 2

• Rhinozherous changed the title to [SOLVED] VNAV speed control not selectable
48 minutes ago, flamsies said:

Hey,

When you say "tried activating it for the TO roll", what did you do? (Advance the throttles forward, pushed a button, etc)

As for being unable to use vnav speeds (I believe it's worded something like "Resume xxx kts speed", make sure you've got VNAV mode selected.

In Graeme's pre-release stream, he framed it in the following way that helped me understand it better.

In the Challenger, VNAV is just a modifier, it's not a vertical navigation mode on it's own.

You'll want to use one of the modes such as FLC, VS, PATH

Activating VNAV whilst any of those are active, will then make them VNAV compliant (my wording), so they will ahdere to any constraints set.

It'll also chenge their indication slightly, to show you that they are using the VNAV information

E.g. FLC will turn into VFLC

Path to VPath

I did not activate the VNAV mode :P

Thank you very much, now I understand this lovely bird a little better!

• Upvote 1