Best way to get to VR with Reverb-G2 / WMR?

louism

Has anyone with a WMR headset (like the reverb G2) figured out a way to get a VR session working properly?

If I start x-plane directly to VR from within steam-vr, x-plane crashes when I start a flight with the challenger. I am starting using a non persistent flight to skip the FBO. (I reported this bug and sent the log file here in the forum.)

If I start x-plane and the Challenger flight in 2D and then activate the VR hardware when I am in the cockpit, x-plane is extremely stuttery. This is not a Challenger problem. It's an x-plane problem I always have.

Any information as to your workflow to get it working ok would be much appreciated. I have been mucking around for 3 hours now...

• Like 2

I have the Reverb G2 as well and I'll provide a few comments on my experience.

I start in persistent mode in 2D, but I have a button on my yoke that's assigned to put me in the Pilot's seat so I use that and then once my framerate has settled I start VR.

I find that if I give the sim a moment to settle after I start VR then the stuttering resolves and the framerate is reasonably stable.

Totally agree with the above.. I find it crucial to wait for x plane to "settle" in 2d for a moment (usually accompanied by a jump in frame rate upwards) 

Switching to VR too soon usually ends in a slide show.. 
Then I use a button to switch to VR on my yoke, and again allow that to settle before doing anything..  
One other tip..if you need to come OUT of VR , I tend to then close steam VR completely  before going back in, as sometimes reentering VR again produces a slide show.. 
works well for me  ! 

Bill P