[FIXED v1.1r1] GPS subsystem does not work (GNSS NOT AVAILABLE) + FMS-FMS DISAGREE

intelfx

• intelfx changed the title to GPS subsystem does not work (GNSS NOT AVAILABLE) + FMS-FMS DISAGREE
  • skiselkov changed the title to [ANSWERED] GPS subsystem does not work (GNSS NOT AVAILABLE) + FMS-FMS DISAGREE

Same issue here. Without GPS the aircraft basically can't go anywhere as it loses RNP APCH capabilities, etc..

IMO simulation of the essential systems should not rely so heavily on Internet access. There should be alternative approaches to them when the Internet one is not available. 

Edited by 2Fat2Fly

Is it possible for the dev to provide a local copy of the GPS almanac data when we download the aircraft? The data doesn't need to be the latest one. just an option for players who don't have Internet access or are geo-restricted in their area. For me personally, I often take my laptop to places that don't have Internet, and I'd like to be able to fly it even I'm offline.

Just now, George Wu said:

Is it possible for the dev to provide a local copy of the GPS almanac data when we download the aircraft? The data doesn't need to be the latest one. just an option for players who don't have Internet access or are geo-restricted in their area. For me personally, I often take my laptop to places that don't have Internet, and I'd like to be able to fly it even I'm offline.

We cannot legally distribute this to avoid government created firewalls.

12 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I understand this situation, so is there a way to simulate a GNSS system without using the GPS almanac data? like any other aircraft that uses native x-plane nav data.

GNSS is a core system on this aircraft. I want to know if there is a way to make this system work.(without breaking the law of course). 

Thank you for the reply.

Edited by George Wu

For anyone else victim to the games that Russia is apparently playing with DNS infrastructure on a national level, you can try adding an override for navcen.uscg.gov into your hosts file (/etc/hosts on Linux, C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows):

206.65.196.29 navcen.uscg.gov

(At least in this country, it would seem that the host itself is not being blocked, just the DNS entry is being filtered.)

Edited by intelfx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, intelfx said:

For anyone else victim to the games that Russia is apparently playing with DNS infrastructure on a national level, you can try adding an override for navcen.uscg.gov into your hosts file (/etc/hosts on Linux, C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows):

206.65.196.29 navcen.uscg.gov

(At least in this country, it would seem that the host itself is not being blocked, just the DNS entry is being filtered.)

B) thanks. Works for Moscow, Russia. 

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

If you can't guarantee all essential functionality in the distributed package, you should issue a warning like "access to navcen.uscg.gov is mandatory, otherwise the GPS on this aircraft won't work" on the store page, or offer a refund for those who can't use the aircraft properlly due to this issue.

The situation is, 1. customers would expect a product with full advertised functionality because they are not warned about some of them will not work if access to unspecified, unrelated domain were blocked and of the X-Aviation no-refund policy, and 2. customers could not legally acquire the said almanac files in this case either.

I hope there will be an offline solution for this, like simulating GPS position without the said, close-to-reality almanac. It is OK to have a less accurate model here as the more accurate one is not achievable.

• Upvote 2

I have a similar issue, but only with my GPS 1 (looks exactly like the study panel from the screenshot in the first post), the GPS 2 is working as expected. The issue oocured just today. I did a quite a couple of flights before and haven't had that issue. 

Any suggestions on that? Many thanks!

9 hours ago, Bulat said:

Статус налогового управления США CL650.pdf 211.86 kB · 3 downloads

У меня не сработало: 206.65.196.29 navcen.uscg.gov. Не работают курсовые и виртуальная видимость. 

значит что то сделал не так. после прописывания в host проверить доступность можно просто открыв браузер и в качестве адреса указать IP (да открывать файл с правами администратора)

host.PNG

Edited by leha74ru

18.01.2022 в 10:20 leha74ru сказал:

значит что то сделал не так. после прописывания в host проверить доступность можно просто открыв браузер и в качестве адреса указать IP (да открывать файл с правами администратора)

хозяин. Папуа-Новая

Все заработало!  Спасибо добрый человек!

Report 2251

Fixed in v1.1r1, January 22, 2022

The firewall issues above are beyond the control of the developers, however starting with v1.1r1 an outdated GPS almanac will be installed with the product rather than depending on initial download. The aircraft can continue to function with this almanac with no time limitation

Edited by Graeme_77
  • Like 1

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [FIXED v1.1r1] GPS subsystem does not work (GNSS NOT AVAILABLE) + FMS-FMS DISAGREE
  • Graeme_77 locked this topic