Kilograms / Pounds

Graeme_77

The real aircraft is configured for Kilograms or Pounds and Feet or Meters in a device called the "Configuration and  Strapping Unit". To set these options on your simulated Challenger, go into the Airframe Manager, choose Edit Options, and look at the CSU tab. The setting is per-airframe, so you can have both metric and US customary airframes.

This option is available in Career Mode - the airframe in Non-persistent mode is only available as it leaves the factory, in pounds and feet.

Edited by Graeme_77
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 12:28 AM, Graeme_77 said:

This option is available in Career Mode - the airframe in Non-persistent mode is only available as it leaves the factory, in pounds and feet.

Sorry, Graeme_77, so you´re saying that I cannot change in Non-Persistent Mode from Lbs to Kgs ? 

I´m asking because that´s the problem I have now,  I don´t know  how to change to Kgs when starting with Non-Persistent Mode.

If this is true, they are forcing the consumer to fly only in Career Mode, which is absurd.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hamilton01 said:

Sorry, Graeme_77, so you´re saying that I cannot change in Non-Persistent Mode from Lbs to Kgs ?

Yes.

56 minutes ago, Hamilton01 said:

I´m asking because that´s the problem I have now,  I don´t know  how to change to Kgs when starting with Non-Persistent Mode.

You can’t.

57 minutes ago, Hamilton01 said:

If this is true, they are forcing the consumer to fly only in Career Mode, which is absurd.

It’s true. And that is very strong language for a minor inconvenience. However, feedback will be passed on.

3 minutes ago, Pils said:

It’s true. And that is very strong language for a minor inconvenience. However, feedback will be passed on.

Thanks for your answer Pils, but that´s my opinion, they are forcing the consumer to fly ONLY in Career Mode (if he or she wants to fly Kgs) which is absurd, (imagine if you bought the real CL 650 and you could NOT have the option to use in Kgs). I didn´t like the Career Mode, I just want to start my sim on my plane and not have to go through FBO, climb stairs, close door, etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hamilton01 said:

Thanks for your answer Pils, but that´s my opinion, they are forcing the consumer to fly ONLY in Career Mode (if he or she wants to fly Kgs) which is absurd, (imagine if you bought the real CL 650 and you could NOT have the option to use in Kgs). I didn´t like the Career Mode, I just want to start my sim on my plane and not have to go through FBO, climb stairs, close door, etc.

I set a view in Career Mode from the front seat (Crtl 5). Now when I enter the FBO i press "5" and now in on the plane in the seat. You will have to pull the pins the first time but just don't put them back and that should work

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Patman said:

I set a view in Career Mode from the front seat (Crtl 5). Now when I enter the FBO i press "5" and now in on the plane in the seat. You will have to pull the pins the first time but just don't put them back and that should work

Exactly. Make your own “ready to go” saved state on a new airframe, load it whenever you start the flight, and you’re all set. Basically identical to Non-persistent mode.

Non-persistent mode was deliberately not named “quick start” or anything like that, the intention is for it to be used for practice flights, training scenarios, etc.

16 minutes ago, Pils said:

Non-persistent mode was deliberately not named “quick start” or anything like that, the intention is for it to be used for practice flights, training scenarios, etc.

Excellent, this is exactly why I ask you to consider adding the lbs→kgs option also in Non-persistent mode.

2 hours ago, N330CT said:

I just unchecked the "Walk around FBO" or whatever it is called in the user preferences menu and it puts me straight in the cockpit in career mode. I use xcamera so I am not sure if it would be the same for you or not.

Hi N330CT, I didn´t find the option you unchecked → "Walk around FBO".  I looked in these two places (see pic below) but couldn't find it.

Could you please show where did you found it. 

Thanks in advance!

Where.png

11 hours ago, Hamilton01 said:

Thanks a lot IronCroptop,  I´m getting old my friend, how could I not see that... :D.

I'm getting old as well. It took me a minute longer than it should have to spot it myself. I suspect that many of us pretty much stop reading after "Simulate walking around aircraft..." and miss the "...and in FBO" part.

• Like 1