Few Ques for VR users - SR22 - G1000 or Entegra

Airwolf

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a license to this aircraft but I can't figure out few things.

The G1000 on the store shows Vulkan icon and Entegra doesn't? Is Entegra version not compatible with Vulkan.  At the same I read that Entegra has better fps performance than G1000 version

I get really good fps with vulkan when using VR with Quest 2 also is Avitab option available in the Entegra version?

Reason is that I am doing VFR flights in VR on Pilotedge, I want the most fluid experience plane with maps

Ah, I think the missing icon is just that, the Entegra do support Metal/Vulkan. The FPS of the Entegra vs G1000 will depend on your CPU/GPU combo. The CPU on the Entegra is very multi-threaded, so if you've got many threads on your CPU it will scale well and do well. If your CPU doesn't have many threads, there could be the opposite effect.

Both the G1000 and Entegra should work great in VR. The Entegra itself is a bit easier to operate as the screens are less cluttered, but that's just my preference.

11 minutes ago, Coop said:

Ah, I think the missing icon is just that, the Entegra do support Metal/Vulkan. The FPS of the Entegra vs G1000 will depend on your CPU/GPU combo. The CPU on the Entegra is very multi-threaded, so if you've got many threads on your CPU it will scale well and do well. If your CPU doesn't have many threads, there could be the opposite effect.

Both the G1000 and Entegra should work great in VR. The Entegra itself is a bit easier to operate as the screens are less cluttered, but that's just my preference.

Thank You, I just bought the Entegra, I have 6 core with HT (12 cores) at 4.3Ghz

But is there an upgrade option to buy the G1000 too at a later date or they are separate planes

Kickass points for being a dev to respond a customer that quick.  Unreal

Edited by Airwolf