Overlay graphics in wrong location

IronCroptop

I'm at a loss at how to fix this. Certain overlay graphics in the TBM900 (e.g. the Angle of Attack bars or the demo arrows that point at instruments) are being drawn in the wrong location. 

For example, in this image, the arrow should be pointing at the InternalLights panel:InternalLights.thumb.jpg.0bffa7120022dcca4449a2e83cab3248.jpg

And in this one, it should be pointing at the fuel system controls:

FuelsSystem.thumb.jpg.79b6e6f241db543d524477973b73c2e5.jpg

I've tried disabling all other plugins (except for Gizmo), uninstalling and reinstalling the TBM900 and running a "Verify integrity of game files" scan (I'm running the Steam version of X-Plane).

I have no idea how to fix this. If it was just the tutorial arrows in the wrong place, I'd not worry about it. But it's the AoA markers as well so I'd really like to figure out how to fix this.

Log.txt

Edited by IronCroptop
Added log file

11 hours ago, Goran_M said:

I've never seen this problem in the TBM before.  DO you have some kind of plugin that messes with viewpoints installed?

I have XPRealistic (which can shift the camera view) and X-Camera installed. I've disabled both (using xOrganizer to disable the plugins before launching X-Plane) and still have the issue.

10 minutes ago, IronCroptop said:

I have XPRealistic (which can shift the camera view) and X-Camera installed. I've disabled both (using xOrganizer to disable the plugins before launching X-Plane) and still have the issue.

Can you try completely removing those plugins and re-test?  (All plugins remain loaded, even if they are disabled.)

If that doesn't work, I'll investigate further with Saso.

35 minutes ago, IronCroptop said:

I have the Steam edition so I'm not sure it will allow me to install a second instance. I was hoping to avoid having to delete and reinstall X-plane but I'll look into doing that if all else has failed. I'll have to spend some time exporting my profiles and backing up stuff first though.

Grab the demo installer from x-plane.com

https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

4 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Grab the demo installer from x-plane.com

https://www.x-plane.com/desktop/try-it/

I can do that.

Forgive the obtuse questions but if I download the demo and install it (on a separate drive from my current X-Plane Steam install), do I need to take any precautions to prevent this second install from stomping on any registry entries or configuration info from the first install?

And will I need to uninstall the TBM-900 from my Steam install in order to properly install it in the demo version?

8 hours ago, IronCroptop said:

I can do that.

Forgive the obtuse questions but if I download the demo and install it (on a separate drive from my current X-Plane Steam install), do I need to take any precautions to prevent this second install from stomping on any registry entries or configuration info from the first install?

And will I need to uninstall the TBM-900 from my Steam install in order to properly install it in the demo version?

The demo install is fine to install if you have another copy installed.  There will be no issues.  I have 3 installations of X-Plane on my PC.  

As for the TBM, you can install it as many times as you want on the same PC.

Edited by Goran_M

Just about ready to give up on this. Downloaded the supposed X-plane demo installer but it wants a product key to proceed. And since I have the Steam version, I don't have a product key. There doesn't seem to be any option to install the demo version and I can't progress past the "Enter a Product Key or Insert DVD" step.

As much as I love the TBM, this is starting to become too much trouble to figure out.

OK. I have uninstalled X-Plane, deleted all related folders and have re-installed X-Plane. No plugins, no add-on scenery, no add-on aircraft other than the TBM900. At this point, the overlay graphics are displaying correctly.

I'm assuming the next step is to start adding my scenery and add-ons back in one at a time to see if any of them trigger the overlay glitch again? The list of plugins I was using is as follows:

• Avitab
  • DataRefTool
  • FlyWithLua (with only a "Mixture" script to control the TBM feathering
  • PilotEdge
  • SPAD.next
  • Traffic Global
  • X-Camera
  • xEnviro (having trouble with this one so I may not re-install it anyway)
  • xPilot
  • XPRealistic

Is there a particular plugin or set of plugins you want me to start with first?

10 hours ago, IronCroptop said:

OK. I have uninstalled X-Plane, deleted all related folders and have re-installed X-Plane. No plugins, no add-on scenery, no add-on aircraft other than the TBM900. At this point, the overlay graphics are displaying correctly.

I'm assuming the next step is to start adding my scenery and add-ons back in one at a time to see if any of them trigger the overlay glitch again? The list of plugins I was using is as follows:

• Avitab
  • DataRefTool
  • FlyWithLua (with only a "Mixture" script to control the TBM feathering
  • PilotEdge
  • SPAD.next
  • Traffic Global
  • X-Camera
  • xEnviro (having trouble with this one so I may not re-install it anyway)
  • xPilot
  • XPRealistic

Is there a particular plugin or set of plugins you want me to start with first?

Order doesn't matter.  Just start putting them back and see what happens after each test.

I know it can be frustrating, but in the vast majority of cases, it's a plugin that doesn't play nice with the aircraft.  

And by all intents and purposes, the problem might go away after putting the plugins back.  

Good luck and please post back results.

Wilco. 

And let me thank you for your patience with me. Especially after my little tantrum earlier. 

So far, I've re-installed my addon aircraft:

• HotStart Cirrus SR-22 G1000
  • AFL C-172NG
  • SimSolutions DA40NG (which adds the xJet plugin)

All is good so far. Will start in on the actual plugins next.

Edit1:

Have now reinstalled:

• DataRefTool
  • FlyWithLua
  • XPRealistic
  • X-Camera

So far, the overlay graphics are still fine (although I have to disable X-Camera when I run the tutorials in order for the automatic camera moves in the tutorials to take effect. But I think that's somewhat expected behaviour).

The only graphics related plugin I have left to restore is xEnviro but I'm going to leave that out for now because I'm not sure I really liked it anyway.

So on the upside, the problem hasn't come back so far. 

Time to start putting my custom scenery back in place.

Edited by IronCroptop