Jump to content

Challenger 650: On Approach!


Cameron

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, sk331 said:

Will it support Hoppie CPDLC

Yes.  But not in the initial release.  

7 hours ago, sk331 said:

will we get any tools to calculate v-speeds and takeoff and landing distances?

Yes that’s all in the fully featured FMS, just as it is in the real plane.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This add-on is nothing less than a milestone in add-on history! For those keen to know more until jan 3rd I highly recommend watching the last 3 streams on Toto’s channel. https://youtube.com/user/totoritko But please remain seated at all times and keep your seatbelt fastened as you will be blown away more than a few times.

 

I see the logic in Toto’s madness in how he is stepping up in complexity (not so gradually, mind you) from the TBM to the CL650. I can’t wait to see what will come next. The space shuttle perhaps? ;)

I am super excited to see you have the intention of building an air ambulance model!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

This could be a dumb question, but it wasnt mentioned in the post above... will it also have "wear and tear" like the TBM900? 

Thank you! 

We're still considering that for a future update.  The only thing is, the 650 is extremely reliable.  And the vast majority of Challengers spend maybe 200-300 hours in the air, per year.  Nowhere near enough to warrant any kind of major repairs due to wear and tear.  We do have a very comprehensive failures module, where you can set failures in, if I recall correctly, several hundred different areas.  But it's completely manual.  But, like I said, we'll look into that more in a future update.

7 hours ago, louism said:

I can’t wait to see what will come next. The space shuttle perhaps?

Not complex enough.  :P :D

 

Edited by Goran_M
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Goran_M said:

We're still considering that for a future update.  The only thing is, the 650 is extremely reliable.  And the vast majority of Challengers spend maybe 200-300 hours in the air, per year.  Nowhere near enough to warrant any kind of major repairs due to wear and tear.  We do have a very comprehensive failures module, where you can set failures in, if I recall correctly, several hundred different areas.  But it's completely manual.  But, like I said, we'll look into that more in a future update.

Ah okay. The thing with manual failure options is that I dont HAVE to check any parameters, I know it will ALWAYS be perfect. Wear and tear is something like the icing on the cake, if you know what I mean. 

But it will break if we go out of certain limits? Like overspeeds, hard landings and so on... ? 

Dont get me wrong, I am looking forward to it! But it is always nice when the module requires you to have an eye on all the complex Systems and bits and blobs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhinozherous said:

Ah okay. The thing with manual failure options is that I dont HAVE to check any parameters, I know it will ALWAYS be perfect. Wear and tear is something like the icing on the cake, if you know what I mean. 

But it will break if we go out of certain limits? Like overspeeds, hard landings and so on... ? 

Dont get me wrong, I am looking forward to it! But it is always nice when the module requires you to have an eye on all the complex Systems and bits and blobs. 

You might be surprised at the built in redundancies of the CL650.  It simply won't let you do certain things beyond limits.  There have been some people in our discord asking for failures, so we will likely revisit that some time in the next few weeks/months.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very interesting.  

First of all, without reading the whole thread over there, Vulkan is native to Nvidia GPU's.  That thread is talking about AMD cards using Vulkan.(???)

I can confirm, as far as Mac's are concerned, no one is having issues with AMD and Metal.  As far as the testers running Windows, on Nvidia GPU's with Vulkan, also, no issues.

 

Edited by Goran_M
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, boredtechie said:

Would it be possible to provide a discord invite so that we can catch up on the conversations there regarding the Challenger 650?

Also any word on the minimum and recommended requirements?

https://discord.gg/qPVbuybS

GPU specs are found on the first page of this thread.

"We have pulled out all the stops on this one and decided to place our minimum supported GPU configuration at a still relatively decent Nvidia GTX 970 or Radeon RX 570. "

CPU specs...if you can run most add ons, the 650 shouldn't be a problem.  We'll have a more comprehensive minimum spec sheet some time in the next few days.

Edited by Goran_M
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Very interesting.  

First of all, without reading the whole thread over there, Vulkan is native to Nvidia GPU's.  That thread is talking about AMD cards using Vulkan.(???)

I can confirm, as far as Mac's are concerned, no one is having issues with AMD and Metal.  As far as the testers running Windows, on Nvidia GPU's with Vulkan, also, no issues.

 

It is a pretty isolated, but very annoying bug. I suffer from it :-D

You need an AMD card (almost any) + vulkan running, xEnviro or similar AND an aircraft that uses some kind of OpenGL drawing(?) for drawing some displays (as far as i understood it). In these conditions displays and the sky flickers black often. So it depends on how you program the displays.

For the ini A300 and FJS 737-200 you can delete some plugins (TCAS, WXR or popup windows) to make it flyable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we're talking about then the Vulkan API then isn't that a close-to-the-metal OpenGL replacement developed by the Khronos group that's implemented by nVidia, AMD and many others in their drivers, rather than being nVidia specific tech ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About this wear and tear feature. I would have been expected for this also.
 

Even if it is a very reliable plane, a wear on brakes, oil quality and quantity, landing gear, etc would be affected on daily basis.
 

Ok, I understand it is still under consideration, but please... Apply this asap please, this would give a lot for immersion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...