Pitch Trim

GerdS

On page 35 of „SR22 AIM.pdf” I stuck at the one before last “Before Take Off” check:
Trim … SET Takeoff.
1. What do I have to do exactly and where?

I grant, this is the first aircraft where I haven’t yet found a pitch trim indicator which has to be checked normally every time before takeoff -
I discovered in internet descriptions, that this aircraft has an automatic setting of the pitch trim.
2. Thus, what does this check should request to me, when pitch trim will be done by automatic?
3. What kind of manufacturer security is behind that to omit it? If there will be a failure, I haven’t just even the possibility to check it somewhere on the panel to stay on ground -

Gerhard

There is no "automatic" setting per se. The flight controls on the CIrrus are spring loaded, meaning that if you release the stick it will always snap back to it's trimmed position. Maybe that's what you mean? You'll find a detailed description of the flight controls on page 16 of the SR22 AIM located in the Aircraft folder under "Manual".

Yes, the hat switch operates pitch and roll trim. There is no yaw trim, although the airplane is equipped with a yaw damper.

My picture according to automatic looks something like electronics.
So, what I’ve read anywhere has to be better named as yours “snap back”.

O. K., that’s it, so far, thanks a lot, and coming back to my origin attention:
Before Take Off I had to check, if the stick axis is sync to the T.O. position, isn’t it?

Your reference to pg. 16 of the SR22 AIM according the Pitch Trim System supports further details to my interest:
It is an electrical motor, that set up the neutral position of the compression spring cartridge in the elevator control system.
That reminds me a bit of the initial adjustment of the car’s headlights when you turn on the engine key or button.
Since the electrical motor supports the mechanical spring system, I’ll revise my “old school” a bit ;)