737-300 Weights

Hi Guys,

I'd like to get back into flying this nice aircraft however I've noticed a mismatch between the weights for the 737-300.. I have setup an IXEG 737 SimBrief profile for this which is detailed below:

Screenshot_3.jpg.b8bd0f482da209904686d95cea3438dc.jpg

However, I've noticed that the OEW is slightly different in X-Plane than what I've got in SimBrief. I've also selected the normal 737-300 profile within SimBrief and it's also different too:

image.png.8f0ceecd5afbaa995d6984365a4377cf.png

Added to this, using the in-sim weight and fuel load settings, there's also a difference here:

Screenshot_1.jpg.48115bb388772d9a762f66bff0c01c4d.jpg

46.2 + 5.3 = 51.5, not 50.2 as the window suggests..

I was trying to match these SimBrief weights:

Screenshot_2.jpg.6aa0de9c64bd37edcad3b466c886f3f7.jpg

Some Guidance would be really appreciated if you may. Apologies if I'm missing something massively obvious here.

Many thanks.

Tristan

Hi Tristan,

the real 737-300 comes in a myriad of different weights...depending on configuration, route flown, etc.

There is the absolute empty weight (no crew, no oil, no equipment, no nothing).

Then there is the Dry Operating Weight (DOW) with everything needed except for passengers and fuel.

Then there is the Zero Fuel Weight (ZFW) with everything loaded...except for fuel.

Then there is the Grossweight (GW) which is the actual current weight of the aircraft.

When the plane is about to take off, we call the Grossweight at that second the Take off Weight (TOW) - this determines how much fuel you will need for the trip for planning purposes.

The only weights of any interest to the pilot are the ZFW "zero fuel weight" (i.e. weight with all fuel flown out) and the TOW "take off weight" (i.e. the weight the plane has when entering the runway for takeoff.

I am not familiar with SimBrief, but all the other weights you enter should have no effect at all on the flightplan, performance or fuel needed. It is like entering the empty weight of your car when you try to figure out how much fuel you will need when you go on vacation with your family...it is not relevant, only the actual weights are.

So looking at the SimBrief weights you want to make sure that the OEW is the same as the empty weight in the X-Plane menu.

Then load up the plane with passengers  (104kgs x number of pax) and add that - this should be equal to the ZFW in the IXEG menu.

OEW (empty weight) + pax = ZFW

ZFW + Fuel = GW (gross weight or actual weight)

Cheers, Jan