737 Throttles not working

silvereagle

On my IXEG 737 the throttles and speedbrake are not operative. I have tried going through the cold dark start routine as well the Ready to Fly option but they do not work in either situation. Other controls such as engine cut-off and trim do work. This is the case for my Honeycomb Bravo, using the mouse and the keyboard shortcuts eg F1 and F2 for throttle operation. I have the latest version of C++ installed and I have disabled all plugins but this makes no difference. Interestingly I had exactly the same problem with the default Laminar 737 and the Zibo version. I purchased the IXEG version hoping that I could finally get a working 737. I fly lots of GA aircraft and other airliners all of which work perfectly. I am very frustrated with this and would appreciate advice.

Good morning, Silvereagle!

I have moved this to "general discussion" as this is a more fitting place than the Gizmo soft crashes forum, but a link to the new place should let you find it.

The problem is probably caused by either the plugin called "fly with lua" - if you have it, you need to physically move it out of your X-Plane folder, simply "closing it" in the plugin manager does not work.

Other than that it could be some mapping problem, try to access the joystick configuration menu and make sure that the axis you are trying to use is bound to "throttle" and that there is no axis conflict (usually shown in red).

Let me know if this helps, Cheers, Jan

Jan: thanks for the help. Actually I should have made clear that I did actually physically remove all plugins from the resources/plugins folder, not just disabled them in the plug-in manager. My problem is not necessarily with the joystick as the throttle and speed brake etc will not move with the mouse or keyboard. Interestingly I have X-Plane 11 on an old Mac mini and on there the Laminar 737 works fine, even with a plugged in joystick. So I copied the aircraft Laminar 737 files from my Mac Mini to the PC and they did not work! This is very frustrating. 

I suggest that you do the following (if you have Honeycomb Bravo):
1) from the folder: "...: \ X-Plane 11 \ Resources \ joystick configs\ " delete two files (for safety, it is best  move it a safe place (e.g. to the desktop)):
  - "HoneycombBravoThrottle_Mac.Joy"
  - "HoneycombBravoThrottle_Win.Joy"

2) then delete from the folder "...: \ X-Plane 11 \ Resources \ plugins\ "
"AFC_Bridge" plug (as above - put, for example, on the desktop)

2a) if you had any other Honeycomb Bravo configuration profiles, copy the whole folder to a safe place:
 "honeycomb_profiles" (it's inside folder "AFC_Bridge").

3) download the last version of Honeycomb Yoke & Throttle Software for XP from here:

https://flyhoneycomb.com/pages/drivers  

4) Start XP, do a calibration and it's best to create a new profile in Joystick settings in the XP menu.

• Like 1

Jan: Thanks for the hint. I suspect the Honeycomb too, but I have disconnected it and following Bulva's suggestion deleted the dll files from the joystick directory but still no improvement. In order to eliminate as many variables as possible I have gone back to moving the controls with the mouse and/or function keys. The confusing thing is that other aircraft and airliners work fine but it is the 737s that give problems. I just wonder if there is something in the 737 that I am completely missing eg autothrottle or something?

49 minutes ago, silvereagle said:

I just wonder if there is something in the 737 that I am completely missing eg autothrottle or something?

There are certain instances (in our aircraft, not sure about the Zibo) where we disconnect the users input from the throttles - normally this is when the autothrottle is in control of them and we can´t have the user interfere with it´s operation (i.e. the autothrottle wants to set 50% N1 but the user´s joystick throttle is at 90%)

This only happens if the user actually engages the autothrottle, though - and since you seem to be at least somewhat familiar with aircraft I don´t think that you do that?

If you select "cold and dark" in the IXEG preflight menu the plane should be totally dormant - and there is no power for the autothrottle to work. You should be able to move the throttles with your joystick or mouse, though.

Edited by Litjan