incorrect texture quality

Oscar Pacheco

hello, i have high texture quality in x plane settings but for some reason when i select the tbm 900 the texture quality in the sim is medium, this doesnt happen with other aircraft ( Flight Factor A320, Zibo 737, C172 REP) only with the tbm 900, any ideas? thank you.

Oscar P.

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU 3.6GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
4096 MB GDDR5

Hi @Oscar Pacheco and welcome!  I don't want to step on any toes here but attaching the log.txt from a flight that had this issue is a solid first step.  I don't remember ever experiencing this myself but I do recall the XP team discussing this a long while back.  There was also mention of this in the XP forums some years ago during the Vulkan beta run - it was a part of the way Vulkan worked to reduce / eliminate stutters.  Should not affect the cockpit res though.  But way above my paygrade.  Nothing in recent memory though.

Edited by oldflyguy

hello oldflyguy and thank you. I attach my log.txt file. When i start x plane the texture quality setting is at high like always, if i select the tbm 900 once in the cockpit the sim textures are at med quality, if i go to settings and move the slider to low the textures change to low res, then if i move the slider back to high now the textures change to high, i not test this in a complete flight. This happends only with the TBM 900 not with Flight Factor A320 or C172 with REP. I can run the C172 with REP with texture quality set to high and world objects to max and i get 50+ FPS taking off from KTOA, i get 60 to 70 at KUDD, i run the Flight Factor A320 with text quality at high world objects med and i get 40 to 50 fps. If i set the text quality to max i get what laminar call blurry textures with any aircraft.

Log.txt

Edited by Oscar Pacheco

@Oscar PachecoThank you for attaching the log.txt.  Nothing in the log.txt seems "off" looking at it as a lay person (non-expert).  It does appear that Vulkan may be doing it's "texture thing".  The reason I say this is because when I'm running XP my GPU is always at or above 4GB.  It may be that the TBM and your particular XP installation do indeed use more texture memory than other models and this is causing the texture shift you are seeing.  I don't see this on my rig - the TBM is in the middle of the pack of add-on aircraft (way too many - and the CL650 is coming.  Yikes!!) in terms of texture usage.  I don't have the FF A320 to compare.