I cannot install the SR 22

Debowing

Whatever happens here is unique to your setup. We have thousands of installs happening a week and I do not ever hear of this.

I really can't do much to help in that. I think last time you used some USB stick method.

If you ever find out what it is on your setup that causes this I'd love to know.

Okay done!

The USB method was failing as I was inputting directories, it just needs a clean X-Plane 11 directory.

Download time from another PC to the USB took about 20 mins. On the PC where my X-Plane installation is it took 6-7 HOURS and timed out. I am not sure what is the reason for this.

It could be 

1. Anti Virus interference

2. X-Plane software conflicts (Gizmo)

Anyway, all is good now.

9 hours ago, Debowing said:

Okay done!

The USB method was failing as I was inputting directories, it just needs a clean X-Plane 11 directory.

Download time from another PC to the USB took about 20 mins. On the PC where my X-Plane installation is it took 6-7 HOURS and timed out. I am not sure what is the reason for this.

It could be 

1. Anti Virus interference

2. X-Plane software conflicts (Gizmo)

Anyway, all is good now.

I'm not sure how you think gizmo could be affecting an installer process that is entirely separate from xplane and only sees gizmo as a bunch of benign files on disk. 

Might wanna spread less of the org FUD around here. 

The reason I thought of Gizmo was that the installer issued a message that it couldn't install Gizmo...

Anyway like I said, I managed to install the package o the USB...I can't point out what's the cause here,

but when I install from X-aviation on this particular PC, I get this issue.

I am happy that at least I have a work around. (using another PC and USB)