Take Command: SR22 G1000 Series v1.2.2 Update Released!

Cameron

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.2.2 update for the SR22 G1000 Series. All customers who have purchased the SR22 G1000 Series up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the SR22 G1000 Series from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.2.2 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SR22 G1000 Series download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Improvements / Bug Fixes:

• Improve engine propeller governor behaviors and performance
  • Fix CAPS pin clickspot
  • Popup window jumping cursor bug on Windows resolved
  • MD302 HPA unit support (RealSimGear Cirrus Cockpit customers)
  • Miscellaneous bug and quality of life improvements

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

Has anyone else had problems with this release where the elevator gets jammed all the way down (like 90 degrees to the ground), sending the aircraft into an uncontrollable dive? This has happened to me a few times and it is super annoying. I am using the Noble Flight Sim side yoke hardware if that makes any difference.

1 hour ago, palomar90210 said:

Has anyone else had problems with this release where the elevator gets jammed all the way down (like 90 degrees to the ground), sending the aircraft into an uncontrollable dive? This has happened to me a few times and it is super annoying. I am using the Noble Flight Sim side yoke hardware if that makes any difference.

Our plugin doesn't do anything with the flight controls - that's all native X-Plane. There shouldn't be any way for the control surfaces to get pushed beyond the limits with properly interfaced hardware.

I haven't seen this issue before, but I've seen some issues with the Noble Yoke regarding sensitivity and control positioning. Perhaps the yoke is sending X-Plane improper calibration data. I'd recommend recalibrating the Noble Yoke, and if that doesn't fix it, contact their support.

• Like 1

Thanks @Coop, I did some further investigation and I think it turned out to be a weird interaction between the Noble autopilot and the TS autopilot both fighting each other.

Another question -- have you ever seen the GFC700 autopilot struggling to keep up with the flight director bars, and as a result scalloping around a couple of hundred fpm in turns?

4 hours ago, palomar90210 said:

Thanks @Coop, I did some further investigation and I think it turned out to be a weird interaction between the Noble autopilot and the TS autopilot both fighting each other.

Another question -- have you ever seen the GFC700 autopilot struggling to keep up with the flight director bars, and as a result scalloping around a couple of hundred fpm in turns?

I haven't seen that behavior, my guess is it might correlate with the prior issue?

13 hours ago, Coop said:

I haven't seen that behavior, my guess is it might correlate with the prior issue?

Thanks @coop. I found a forum post that suggested increasing the X-Plane Flight Models Per Frame, and I increased that to 4 and it seems to have largely solved the problem. It did look like there was something quite laggy going on, which is weird as I'm getting 60fps in X-Plane.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t stop the sr22 or sr22t from rolling left when I release the controls.  After I trim the pitch for level flight and let go it slowly starts to bank left ~5 degrees and starts to slowly descend.  I press 9 repeatedly to try to reset the aileron trim but it doesn’t work.  Any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 8:49 AM, palomar90210 said:

Thanks @coop. I found a forum post that suggested increasing the X-Plane Flight Models Per Frame, and I increased that to 4 and it seems to have largely solved the problem. It did look like there was something quite laggy going on, which is weird as I'm getting 60fps in X-Plane.

Hey @Coop, my previous fix to this problem seems to no longer be working. There is now a 1-2 second lag between the flight director bars and the autopilot bars which makes the autopilot really wobbly. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could fix this? I am using the Noble hardware in bypass model if that makes any difference.

I'm on an i7 CPU with 1080 graphics card getting ~45fps with all the graphics settings turned down low, if that makes any difference. If there's an official Torquesim support forum please feel free to direct me there!

We can't replicate this on our end. I'm guessing as you guessed earlier some conflict is going on between the SR22 and the Noble hardware, you could test this by removing their hardware and plugin from the sim to test and see if you can still replicate the issue. 

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic