RealSimGear G500 Avionics Suite v1.0.2 Update Released!

Cameron

Captains,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.0.2 update for the RealSimGear G500 Avionics Suite. All customers who have purchased the G500 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the G500 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.0.2 for you.

Please Note: This installer will update the Cessna 172SP, BN-2B/2T Islanders, as well as any other aircraft you have previously installed the G500 too.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original G500 Avionics Suite download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

Improvements/Bug Fixes:

• Flight plan display improvements involving showing origin and destination of current leg.
  • Fix vertical speed bug constraints
  • Adjust detail clutter on waypoint information page
  • Miscellaneous tweaks and improvements

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 1

Hi Update v1.0.2 works great, two questions.

I want to use the G500 on a simulator that is not connected to the internet. How do I get round the issue of the software asking for licence updates every 15 days??

Once set up (with its own screen) is it possible to save the screen position and size so after closing down X-Plane they are automatically restored next time X-Plane is started??

BR Pete D.

8 hours ago, P Dobson said:

I want to use the G500 on a simulator that is not connected to the internet. How do I get round the issue of the software asking for licence updates every 15 days??

This is not possible, sorry.

8 hours ago, P Dobson said:

Once set up (with its own screen) is it possible to save the screen position and size so after closing down X-Plane they are automatically restored next time X-Plane is started??

That functionality will come for RealSimGear hardware. I'm not sure it will be extended beyond that.

Hi Cameron,

The Non interconnected simulator resides in a trailer that we move round the country. We are a charity trying to promote aviation as a career to youngsters. So as well as the trailer we have a collection of pedal planes for younger pilots to use at various venues such as RAF open days. We don't make any money from this, but just promote aviation as a potential career. Can we by a licence that is checked one a year if we pay a bit more??

We don't need the RealSimGear G500 as we have our own which works well, but having the ability to retain settings would be good. I see during shut down you deliberately delete screen setting, this is a shame. Other add-ons such as Reality XP GNS530 don't do this.

BR PD.

On 11/15/2021 at 10:54 AM, P Dobson said:

Hi Cameron,

The Non interconnected simulator resides in a trailer that we move round the country. We are a charity trying to promote aviation as a career to youngsters. So as well as the trailer we have a collection of pedal planes for younger pilots to use at various venues such as RAF open days. We don't make any money from this, but just promote aviation as a potential career. Can we by a licence that is checked one a year if we pay a bit more??

We don't need the RealSimGear G500 as we have our own which works well, but having the ability to retain settings would be good. I see during shut down you deliberately delete screen setting, this is a shame. Other add-ons such as Reality XP GNS530 don't do this.

BR PD.

Regarding licensing, no the system requires internet activation every two weeks. Connecting via a phone hotspot should suffice to refresh for two weeks. It doesn't need to be a persistent internet connection, once the license file is updated.

Regarding screen settings, nothing is deleted between loads, we don't support non-RealSimGear hardware for monitors, but with some fiddling you might be able to get the screens to stick. Attached is the integration guide with details, see pages 8/9/10 for the popups.cfg documentation.

RealSimGear G500 Integration Guide.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for the documentation. Really appreciate that. will try a phone hot-spot idea. If the data to verify licencing is not too much (which I guess it isn't) then as you suggest a hot spot on a mobile should work just fine.

I am really hoping that others seeing this software in the trailer sim will end up wanting to buy it for their own system too, so I see it a bit as a a demonstrator for you as well as promoting aviation to potential career pilots.

We have two tailer SIms, one is a PA34 with G500 / G600, the other is  a Piper Tomahawk with clockwork Frasca simulated instrumentation.

https://www.joystickclub.co.uk/seneca

BR PD.

• 1 month later...

So, I installed the G500 suite on a test computer just to farmiliarise myself with the set up. All works well. So this week I installed the G500 on the computer I wanted to use it on, it went through the same routine and seemed to complete correctly, it said it had installed the G500 to the default C172 and the BN islander. I then added the Beech Baron to the G500 mix using the "G500-windows-x64-installer.exe" program again it seeme to work. But when I run X-Plane there is no G500 plug-in and checking the file structure there is no G500 plug-in anywhere neither in the Default C172. Having got it to work once I am not sure what I am doing wrong. The Gizmo64 plug-in is present and sais I have a valid licence. Under each of the individual aircraft I was expecting to see the G500 plug-in but there is nothing there.

On this simulator build all the cockpit buttons and switches are input to X-Plane through 6 off Leo Bodnar switch interfaces, also clockwork standby instruments are driven by several PJRC Teesny drive boards, so there is masses of I/O going on in the simulator.

At this remote distance have you any clue as to what I might be doing wrong?? What files might I send you to give more information??

BR PD.

Log.txt

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic