avionics switch does not power down PropWash panels

snomhf

The instrument panels made by PropWashsim.com are designed to power off whenever the avionics switch is set in the off position (i.e.  sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on -> 0).   The SR22 is the only aircraft I have that does not do this.   I assume it is because this plane uses a custom avionics dataref (afm/src/cmd/switches/avionics_Toggle) and the PropWash panels don't know to read that dataref.

Would it be possible to fix this?   I have to physically unplug my radio panels after flying the SR22 because it will not turn the panel off as all the other planes will.

Thank you so much!

-mark

Hi Mark,

The avionics switch isn’t set using that due to how the custom SR22 electrical system works to control the default X-Plane G1000 base, so it does not match the SR22’s avionic switch state. If those avionics panels can’t read a custom dataref, there unfortunately isn’t anything we can do about that. We do have custom datarefs available that it could read if it was able.

Thanks for that Coop.   I was afraid that would be your answer.:(     I started thinking about a Lua script that would toggle the default avionics switch whenever the custom one changes state.   I guess I'll have to dust that off and get back to it.

Thanks for your response!

-mark

Hi Mark,

I don't think that would work either - we aren't not using the default switch just because, but we are overriding default X-Plane behavior to make sure the default avionics work as expected with the customizations we apply. Messing with that switch probably wouldn't work, but could also lead to the X-Plane avionics getting out of sync from the customizations.