Gizmo error?

Chase911

1st off, There is nothing wrong with your Aircraft. But after installing the RealSimGear GTN750 Plugin, I think it has a compatibility issue with Gizmo. I get errors upon loading the aircraft. The only changes I made to the sim was installing the GTN750 plugins both RealityXp and RSG Hardware and plugins. This version of the aircraft doesn't come with a GTN ini file by default, so maybe that is the issue... Anyway, I can simply close out the error window and use the GTN750 without issue. The Aircraft handles the same as always.  So no big deal, but if anyone has a understanding of what is going on and how I can fix it, that would be great. If I should pass this on to RSG please let me know.

Attached are the Screen shots of the error and the XP Log.txt file.

Thanks.

Dave

gtnsaab1.jpg

gtnsaab2.jpg

Log.txt

Can't really add much to this conversation.

I'd have to own a copy of the plugins you mentioned and install all your other plugins to even hope to reproduce this.

Saab Version 1 is in a frozen state with no updates planned.

Gizmo is under continual development and future releases might, or might not, fix the problem.

If you can reproduce this issue without all your additional third party plugins I can log it as a bug for future review and reference to see if this issue ever appears again.

As it stands, you're the only report of this I've seen and it's throwing an error in Saab code that has worked for years.

Edited by Ben Russell
typo

15 hours ago, Goran_M said:

his is something that you would have to get help from RSG for, or someone else who may have had better luck with the integration.

Thanks for the Reply Goran. Just bringing it to your attention in case anyone searches and finds this thread.

Hopefully Version 2 will natively support the RealityXp GTN750 Software natively, as in the 3D cockpit. That may already be in the works, I just didn't read to much about what V2 will being us yet. I know VR will be one of those upgrades. : )

12 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Gizmo is under continual development and future releases might, or might not, fix the problem.

Thanks Ben regarding the Gizmo Development. The only new plugin I added which caused this error is the actual RSG plugin for their hardware. (RSG: GTN750 ) Or maybe RealityXp PLugin.  Sliding back over my backup before I added these has no errors. In the next couple days I'll remove all plugins except those I need for this aircraft. Igodispatch primarily. I'll load up without issue and will save that log. Then I'll move over the RSG plugin and will again run a log for you.  Then you will be able to single out the plugin it's not compatible with. Maybe it's the GTN.ini file it self causing the issue... I'll see what I can come up with. Other than the logs, are there any logs or files I should provide for future Development? I'll get these to you asap.

Again, to anyone else, the plane functions okay, just throws up an error. just exit the error window and fly with the GTN like any other.

Thanks for the Customer Support.

Dave

@Ben Russell

Hopefully this helps out. I spent a good 45 minutes today loading into the sim multiple times with various plugins. As I had thought, the culprit is indeed the RealSimGear plugin for their GTN750 Hardware. I first loaded up the aircraft with just a few plugins, mainly to shorten the log text. I kept in the GTN.ini file in the aircraft folder without issue.

The result is log_1 no error.

Then I moved over the RealityXp GTN750 PLugin, which permits the use of the GTN750 realityXp software . Again no error popped up.

The result is log_2 no error.

Then I moved over the RealSimGear GTN750 PLugin, which permits the use of their GTN750 Hardware ( Touchscreen Panel ) . Now I get the errors on loading.

It takes about 5-10 seconds for their plugin to initialize. I'm thinking this somehow interrupts Gizmo's loading time resulting with the errors. This error displays regardless if I have the GTN750 activated or not. I tried both ways.

The result is log_3 With the error. ( RealSimGear Plugin compatibility issue )

The attached Zip file houses all three Log.txt files and two fresh Screen Shots of the error popup window.

The developers at RSG are very good with Customer support and I'm sure would be more than happy to assist you with the software compatibility .

https://realsimgear.com/

If the GTN750 becomes a feature built into the 3D panel as an option for Version 2 of this Aircraft, you can bet I will Purchase the next version on day one. : )

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Dave.

saab.zip

• Like 1