Hi guys. I need help. Just bought an IXEG 737 but couldn't rate it. When launched, the simulator crashes to the desktop. The log says that gizmo64 is to blame for this. I tried to remove the plugin, but in this case the plane is loaded with non-clickable toggle switches, as in the photo. Help me please

photo_2021-10-11_23-30-14.jpg

Log.txt

Hi Alex.

I've had a look at the log file and the following things stand out:

X-System folder:'F:\�ова� папка/games/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/', case sensitive=0

==== CHANGING LANGUAGE TO: Ру��кий. ====
Fetching plugins for F:\�ова� папка/games/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins

0:00:00.009 G64:  core: curl_easy_init() provided by:[F:\Íîâàÿ ïàïêà\games\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\Gizmo64.plugin\win_x64\libcurl.dll]

These messages indicate to me that:

- You have your steam folder named something I cannot read because it's (probably) in a foreign language native to you and X-Plane translates it to garbage.

- The sim language setting has also become confused by this folder name.

- When Gizmo does an integrity check to see where one of its dll files is, it's getting another different, but also garbage, value for the XP folder name.

I suggest that you create a new steam-library folder just for X-Plane. Call it something simple, with plain boring "western english" characters in the name only.

I suggest F:\SteamXPlane\

Then use the Steam GUI to move your copy of X-Plane into the new folder.

I am going to discuss this issue further with Laminar and see what their official guidance is.

A reply will likely take 24-48 hours. People are located all over the planet.

Here's a guide to managing your steam folders, I don't think you'll need it but I include it for completeness...

https://www.pcworld.com/article/406664/how-to-change-where-steam-installs-your-pc-games.html

Edited by Ben Russell
  • Like 1

After discussion with other programmers on the Laminar slack server and reviewing the Gizmo source code my advice remains the same.

I will be making changes to the Gizmo source code that will hopefully resolve this issue.