G500 not loading, installer error

Causa

Loading into X-Plane was OK. But ran into a few issues with the G500. After using the aircraft installer it showed an error and that the install was not complete. Stated that it could not read the Products.ini file. Ran the aircraft anyway and used the drop down menus to show in aircraft . No matter what I did it would not power on. Next I restarted X-plane and loaded X-Aviation's 172. Also could not power on. Just an added note, is there any documents on how to use the G500 that come with the software?

Thanks

Jim 

1 hour ago, Causa said:

Loading into X-Plane was OK. But ran into a few issues with the G500. After using the aircraft installer it showed an error and that the install was not complete. Stated that it could not read the Products.ini file. Ran the aircraft anyway and used the drop down menus to show in aircraft . No matter what I did it would not power on. Next I restarted X-plane and loaded X-Aviation's 172. Also could not power on. Just an added note, is there any documents on how to use the G500 that come with the software?

Thanks

Jim 

Can you send your log.txt file after loading the C172 G500, as well as a screenshot of the error regarding the "products.ini" file?

I had opened a ticket with X-Aviation and asked me to download an updated file to fix G500. see below

First, please re-download and re-install from the new download: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

There's a new addition of code in the installer that may help with this.

Also, as a cautionary measure, please be sure you do not have X-Plane running when you re-install the G500.

Best Regards,
Cameron

This seems to have fixed the error msg when adding the G500 to aircraft . But still the displays are blank. Please note that all battery switches and avionics powered on. 

Jim

3 hours ago, Causa said:

This seems to have fixed the error msg when adding the G500 to aircraft . But still the displays are blank. Please note that all battery switches and avionics powered on. 

Do you have some kind of anti-virus or firewall running by chance? There is a plugin not being installed in your images above. If you don't have an anti-virus it would seem as though you have some write permission issues in your X-Plane plugins folder.

20 hours ago, Causa said:

The only anti-virus running is windows 10 defender and windows 10 firewall . As for a write permission issue, all third party programs that I have installed in X-Plane 11 all loaded correctly with no issues.

What do you believe is my next step.

It looks as though you removed the Gizmo64.plugin folder out of the X-Plane plugins folder and into the Resources folder. This is causing the issues you're experiencing.

Yes I did move the folder, but after re-installing X-Aviation's updated install program. The Gizmo64 folder is located in the plugin folder of X-Plane as it should be. Is there a switch to power on the G500, or a brightness knob to brighten the displays. Looks like the displays are blank or dimmed to low.

I also ran the install program as admin, no difference. 

12 minutes ago, Causa said:

Yes I did move the folder, but after re-installing X-Aviation's updated install program. The Gizmo64 folder is located in the plugin folder of X-Plane as it should be. Is there a switch to power on the G500, or a brightness knob to brighten the displays. Looks like the displays are blank or dimmed to low.

I also ran the install program as admin, no difference. 

There is no activation from you at all in our system. Are you sure it's correctly placed?

In the log you previously provided us it wasn't even being loaded (or even attempted to load). Something isn't right here. Can you re-upload a new Log.txt file?