The first one?

tex99999

17 minutes ago, Coop said:

Hi Jon,

When you run the main installer, there should be a "G500 Aircraft Installer" located in the root of your X-Plane folder. Run that and select the aircraft you wish to use it with.

Thanks, that worked. (below using Carenado B1900)

1) Is the G500 automatically connected to the GTN 750?

2) Can the resolution on the map be higher? its quite "blocky"

3) When I open the PFD, the top is under the menu bar so I can't move it. Menu bar is in the way. EDIT solved - bring the bezelled version down and they all open down

Thanks

Jon

Edited by tex99999

2 hours ago, tex99999 said:

Thanks, that worked. (below using Carenado B1900)

1) Is the G500 automatically connected to the GTN 750?

2) Can the resolution on the map be higher? its quite "blocky"

3) When I open the PFD, the top is under the menu bar so I can't move it. Menu bar is in the way. EDIT solved - bring the bezelled version down and they all open down

Thanks

Jon

Regarding the RXP GTNs, yes we are reading the data by default, but it does require configuring the RXP units to broadcast the proper information. You can copy the files in the X-Aviation/Cessna 172SP G500 folder (RealityXP... files, there are 4 of them) to the aircraft you want to use the GTNs with.

No, the map resolution is based on system resource load and X-Plane terrain files. The parser only runs in the background, grabbing the terrain levels based on available system resources. 

Seems you've figured out #3, but you can also drag from the bottom edge of the popups as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2021 at 2:40 PM, Coop said:

Regarding the RXP GTNs, yes we are reading the data by default, but it does require configuring the RXP units to broadcast the proper information. You can copy the files in the X-Aviation/Cessna 172SP G500 folder (RealityXP... files, there are 4 of them) to the aircraft you want to use the GTNs with.

No, the map resolution is based on system resource load and X-Plane terrain files. The parser only runs in the background, grabbing the terrain levels based on available system resources. 

Seems you've figured out #3, but you can also drag from the bottom edge of the popups as well.

Can we expect an update anytime soon to correct the V/S limitation of 1600 FPS?