Announcing the RealSimGear G500!

Coop

RealSimGear and X-Aviation are excited to announce that the RealSimGear G500 for X-Plane will be released this Friday, September 24! The RealSimGear G500 is a standalone gauge for X-Plane, meaning it can be added to essentially any aircraft as 2D popups by anyone. It can also be detached into its own window, or used with the RealSimGear G500 hardware (coming soon). For developers, the G500 can be integrated into the 3D cockpit of X-Plane aircraft! See below for more information. The G500 is built on top of RealSimGear’s navigator system, first shown in the RealSimGear Entegra, available in the TorqueSim SR20 and SR22, Entegra Editions. This is just the start for RealSimGear avionics!

172-2-g500-announce-09-23.thumb.jpg.8a190bfc1596c0873fed03c3c0c37e7c.jpg

Highlighted Features Include:

• Accurate avionics with detailed menus and configurability.
  • An integration into default Cessna 172 is included, ready to fly, with the download!
  • Already integrated into the TorqueSim BN-2B Islander and BN-2T Turbine Islander - and more integrations are coming!
  • Detailed map views showing the flight plan, terrain, traffic, airspace, airports, airways, highways, cities, and more! Unparalleled custom avionics for X-Plane.
  • Waypoint information page, able to retrieve detailed information about airports, VORs, and more, right from the G500!
  • Integration with the RealityXP GTN and GNS avionics for even more accurate behavior!
  • Helicopter configuration, with flipped displays for right-sided mounting.

Learn more about the RealSimGear G500 at X-Aviation

The G500 is available now for a price of $49.95!

2t-g500-announce-09-23.thumb.jpg.bb679f89388cbf4ce73c8b98079ade51.jpg

172-g500-announce-09-23.thumb.jpg.b87732ee62eb3402919944db9cb6be0e.jpg

Edited by Coop
Released

• 1 month later...

Hi, Enthusiastically bought the G500 instrument as it is something I have wanted to play with for ages. But I have a host of questions:

1) After installing the software, when I clicked on Finish, the computer crashed to blue screen!! I made the assumption that actually it had been installed so carried onto X-Plane. But I tried opening the C172 with G500 and X-Plane just crashes.

2) Putting that to one side for a minute. What I want to achieve is to add the G500 to Carenado's PA34 Seneca. I can't find any instructions on how to add the instrument to other aircraft. Where should I look??

As you say "coming shortly" I want to use my own hardware bezel with this instrument so when will it be possible to display the instrument without the surrounding bezel?? Hopefully very soon. Again I could not find any instructions on how to do this.

3) Finally with my own hardware bezel I want to use the buttons on my hardware bezel to activate the display functions for the G500, I am using a Leo Bodnar interface board to get the button presses into X-Plane. Will this software allow me to associate button presses with display functions??

I went ahead and bought the package in the hope that this would all be explained within the contained documentation. But documentation seems to be very light if non existent for this product when it comes to installing and configuring the software.

I see most of the files have references  to Apple, Presumably this product will work on a Windows 10 machine running X-Plane 11??

Any help would really be appreciated. Peter D.

21 hours ago, P Dobson said:

1) After installing the software, when I clicked on Finish, the computer crashed to blue screen!! I made the assumption that actually it had been installed so carried onto X-Plane. But I tried opening the C172 with G500 and X-Plane just crashes.

I see most of the files have references  to Apple, Presumably this product will work on a Windows 10 machine running X-Plane 11??

Looking through the log file provided, the error seems to be X-Plane failing to load aircraft resources, either the crash in the installer, or the computer just can't handle the aircraft. The computer being used seems dramatically under minimum specifications, it looks like a 2009 AMD CPU which could be the problem. Also, the log is reporting Windows 7 is being used, which is not supported by us. Windows 10 certainly is, I'm not sure what you are referring to with "most of the files have references to Apple" - we support both Windows and MacOS. 

21 hours ago, P Dobson said:

2) Putting that to one side for a minute. What I want to achieve is to add the G500 to Carenado's PA34 Seneca. I can't find any instructions on how to add the instrument to other aircraft. Where should I look??

As you say "coming shortly" I want to use my own hardware bezel with this instrument so when will it be possible to display the instrument without the surrounding bezel?? Hopefully very soon. Again I could not find any instructions on how to do this.

3) Finally with my own hardware bezel I want to use the buttons on my hardware bezel to activate the display functions for the G500, I am using a Leo Bodnar interface board to get the button presses into X-Plane. Will this software allow me to associate button presses with display functions??

I went ahead and bought the package in the hope that this would all be explained within the contained documentation. But documentation seems to be very light if non existent for this product when it comes to installing and configuring the software.

For integration, yes integration in the form of a popup window is already possible. Popup windows can be toggled when the G500 is loaded from the plugins menu bar -> G500. Integration into the 3D panel is more difficult, and typically requires access to the source objects from Carenado in that case. Attached is the integration guide pdf with the details.

RealSimGear G500 Integration Guide.pdf