IXEG Crashing on startup

NeoLux

Hi NeoLux,

this is pretty unusual - can you describe further what you experience? What kind of crash is it, a blue screen, crash to desktop? Can you attach your Log.txt so we can see if there are any error messages?

The majority of problems are from incompatible plugins or other add-ons, but X-Plane can also crash from memory exhaustion. Windows 11 is still in beta, so it might also play a role in this incompatibility...

Cheers, Jan

6 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi NeoLux,

this is pretty unusual - can you describe further what you experience? What kind of crash is it, a blue screen, crash to desktop? Can you attach your Log.txt so we can see if there are any error messages?

The majority of problems are from incompatible plugins or other add-ons, but X-Plane can also crash from memory exhaustion. Windows 11 is still in beta, so it might also play a role in this incompatibility...

Cheers, Jan

See above.

3 hours ago, NeoLux said:

See above.

Removing DataRefTool will make your logs significantly easier to read and more useful.

It is spamming them full of (sometimes corrupted) entries from a background thread* that mixes its (mostly useless) info with the entries from everything else.

Here's an example:

DataRefTool: Found pluDataRefTool: Loading datarefs from pgatin whit "h name="PluginAdmin" desc="AE: \p\luStg-in that Administrates Plugins.e"a msLiigbrarny/steamapps/common/X-Planea 11/Resources\\plugins\\drt_blacklist.txt"ture=
"xpsdk.examples.pluginadmin"Found plugin with name="AutoGate v1.72" desc="DataRefTool: FMianished loading 0 potential datarefs from n"aEges boarding bridges and DGSs": s\ignature="\Marginal.AutoGateS"tFound plugin with name="AviTabe" desc="A tablet to help in VR." signature="org.solhost.folko.avitab"Found plugin with name="BetterPushback-v0.48a" desc="Generic automated pushback pmLibrary/stealmauginp" signature="skiselkov.BetterPushbackp"s/common/X-Plane 11/Resources\\plugins\\Found plugin with name="dFlightFactor CefLoader" desc="FlightFactor CEF platform loaderr"t s_iblgnature="aFclklightFactor.CefLoaderi"st.Ftxt"
oDataRefTool: unLodad plugin with name="iDataRefTool" desc="View and edit X-Plane Datarefs"ng datarefs from path  "sEignature=":c\\SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Planoem .leecbaker.datareftool1"1/RFesound plugin with name="FlyWithLua NG 2.7.22 build Dec  9 2019 14:41:43o" desc="uNrext Generation Version 2.7.22 builcd Des\e\plc  u9 2019 14:41:43" signature="Cginsa\r\sdrtenLynker.FlyWithLua.NG"t_ignoreF.otunxtd plugin with name=""Gizmo64
" desc="Script Engine v21.03.16.0101 Windows" signature="gizmo.x-plugins.com"DataRefTool: FFionished loading u0n pd plugin with name="oGround Handing" desc="Grtential datarefs from o"uEn:d Handling Plugin"\ s\ignature="SjteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources\\plugins\\drt_ignore.txt"ardesign.crew.ground.handling"
Found plugin with name="NIMBUS_AIRPORTS    v1.1 (SASL)" desc="X-Plane SASL plugin v3.11.0+77d2ef9 [Commercial Edition]" signature="1-sim NIMBUS_AIRPORTS    v1.1"Found plugin with name="AOS" desc="A successor plug-in to existing SAM plugin from Stairport-Sceneries." 

* Logging is the only known "thread safe" part of the X-Plane SDK.

Edited by Ben Russell

Good morning!

Interesting - there is no obvious "smoking gun" in your log.txt, but you are running quite a few plug ins that are historically kown to be very invasive and weak in compatibility...especially when not updated to their latest version. I personally doubt that Windows 11 is the problem.

I would suggest the following:

Move all of your plugins (except for the ones needed to run X-Plane and Gizmo) out of your plugins folder. Just move them, don´t delete them (so you can move them back in one by one). Also move any Custom scenery you downloaded...basically we want to have a "Vanilla" X-Plane with just the IXEG installed.

Run X-Plane this way and see if the IXEG 733 works fine. If it doesn´t, make sure to update all drivers, but I suspect it will.

Then move all plugins back one by one (or in batches) until the crash returns. Once you have found the conflicting plugin, make sure you run the latest version of that plugin and try again. If that doesn´t help, we can further investigate why we crash in conjunction with said plugin.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Jan

I have done a complete reinstall of windows as well as X-Plane and everything that goes with it and I happen to have the exact same problem, the sim loads, freezes and then crashes, but if I load the sim with a different plane and then change it to the IXEG then it works just fine with no issues.

Glad someone found the source of the issue, I will try removing it and report back.

• Like 2