Stars under username

Dozer

Those little stars under the username...

My understanding is they're automatically awarded by the forum software based on who-knows-what. I think they're meaningless and pointless, and they offended that guy who hysterically changed his username when he thought he'd been down-starred as a very petty form of attack. I suggest we get rid of them!

I believe the stars increase the more you post. One star when you start out, two stars when you have 50 posts, and so on. About the "person" who received the 5 pink stars... he complained about having too little stars, and so someone was nice enough to give him 5, despite him only have 300 something posts.

..and they offended that guy who hysterically changed his username when he thought he'd been down-starred as a very petty form of attack.

Did they? Last I heard straight from his mouth he liked them.

Wasn't someone saying something about how none of the .org moderators have more than 3 stars here, then Ben said he gets 5 stars in one subforum and 1 star in another? I might have my wires crossed about Guy Who Changed Username.

I may have missed an explanation of what they mean when I joined the forum, but in my view, if they're misunderstood they're a negative benefit.

I may have missed an explanation of what they mean when I joined the forum, but in my view, if they're misunderstood they're a negative benefit.

Wouldn't it just be easier if you cared only about what matters to you, and not made a stink about what doesn't?

Some people like it, others (like you) see no benefit. Use what you care about in this forum. Block everything else out.

Making a stink am I? I blame the unusually warm English weather today. I did shower a few hours ago...

I thought the stars are broken & misunderstood & X-Pilot would benefit if they were removed. I don't really have anything else to say about it.

If you are talking about me, I love my new stars, and have thanked Cameron for them in private, but would like to take the opportunity to thank him here again!!

Oh hi, did you change your name in that long thread that got locked? I was mostly thinking of what you wrote when I started this thread. I don't like it when people get accidentally alienated!

Oh hi, did you change your name in that long thread that got locked? I was mostly thinking of what you wrote when I started this thread. I don't like it when people get accidentally alienated!

Not sure what's going on with you today, Dozer. YYZ never changed his name, and was not the same person you are talking about.

You're thinking of David Rogers, he changed his name to "He who is not welcome here" and last I checked still has it that way.

Thread here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2675.0

Not the same people. Not the same situation.

Not sure what's going on with you today, Dozer. YYZ never changed his name, and was not the same person you are talking about.

You're thinking of David Rogers, he changed his name to "He who is not welcome here" and last I checked still has it that way.

Thread here: http://forums.x-pilot.com/index.php?topic=2675.0

Not the same people. Not the same situation.

Ah that's what I was thinking of. That guy who got very offended over... something... I'm still not sure exactly what. He was upset over people smiting his karma and I'd conflated YYZ's comment with his complaint:

"I have to say that I found it funny that when I mentioned to Cameron about the .org staff group only having one star, the next day Ben had one star. After a few months Ben was back at 5 stars. A couple of days ago I put my little note under my username and today I see that he is back at one star... "

And then there was Ben's comment about being five green stars in one subforum and one yellow star in another. In my head, HWINWH had seen the same thing and come up with some paranoid persecution theory that led to nastier things. But he hadn't, so it's all good (forum-star-wise anyway).

Sorry YYZ for not recognising straightaway you're not the same guy as HWINWH. Actually I haven't looked closely at your username til now - I'd been subconsciously reading it as 'YZ Yacht Boy' for some time. Now I get the link between your username, your website, and those excellent VATSIM planning articles. Sorry for not being quicker on the ball there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...