Not possible to enter frequencies from keypad

andreasxb

As in, literally not entering. I can select COM or NAV for frequency entry and if I enter numbers on the keypad they will appear in the standby frequencies slot, but pressing the enter button will not do anything. Pressing the transfer button will move the previously existing frequency into the main and back.

After a while the entered frequency will disappear again, just as it would if you enter a few digits and don't press enter. Also there is no cursor or anything, pressing a number will show up but there is no indication where. It is the enter button above the alphabetic keys, right?

From own experience, entering the COM/NAV frequency via keypad works, but only if the MFD engine page is NOT shown. I also have the mentioned behaviour when it would not transfer the new frequencies while the engine page is the currently active page.

So try this:
1) Ensure engine page is not active
2) Click COM or NAV
3) Enter frequency via keypad
4) Click enter button
5) Click transfer button

This works for me. While engine page is active, step (5) will transfer the previous frequency. Why I don't know, but I found a similar older thread in this forum when I ran into exactly the same issue as you did.

Admittedly, it's not a huge deal, just need to remember to deselect the engine page in the MFD.