Jump to content

G5 integration with existing LR C172


Recommended Posts

I am unable to get my (new) install of the G5 to show up in my C172SP sim that came with xplane 11. The G5 does not show up on the "plugins" menu, even after I tried the step of copying the "G5" folder from the C172 SP G5 plugins folder to the plugins folder of the LR C172SP. That added the gizmo64 menu item under plugins in xplane, but not the G5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That information says "This is an archive of the version 1.x G5. Version 2.0 is now a RealSimGear product (existing customers have been transferred to the new product)." I am using the current version downloaded from your site 2 weeks ago. There was no option during installation to "choose the aircraft". I just did it as a hail-mary attempt to get the thing to work.

Since there is no online documentation of the current version, please advise on the correct procedure for installing the G5 for an aircraft other than the 172 with built-in G5s (which doesn't connect properly to a plugin GTN 650). 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OC60 said:

Since there is no online documentation of the current version

You have 1.x

That documentation fully applies to you.

2.0 has not been released.

 

1 hour ago, OC60 said:

There was no option during installation to "choose the aircraft". I just did it as a hail-mary attempt to get the thing to work.

The documentation tells you in step one where to find the aircraft installer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I think I'm getting it now. The confusion is that there are *two* installers - the first one (downloaded from the website) installs the second one.  

I followed the instructions but don't see the G5.cfg file in the folder X-plane 11/Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172SP that I selected at step 1.2. Nothing appears to have been placed in that directory even though the installer tells me it ran successfully.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, OC60 said:

I followed the instructions but don't see the G5.cfg file in the folder X-plane 11/Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172SP that I selected at step 1.2. Nothing appears to have been placed in that directory even though the installer tells me it ran successfully.

Check in the aircraft plugins folder for the G5 (and don't move the .cfg file from there. Just make your edits from right where it's at).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...