Just bought it. Happy! Not entirely satisfied...

Megaerik

Hey everyone. I purchased the 733, and must tell that im quite happy with it. But there are some problems I encountered:

1) I cannot put the winds in the RTE DATA in the FMC
2) POST INIT doesnt work in copilot FMC.
3) In order to check the steps of the legs with the HSI of the copilot, I must select PLAN in the HSI of the captain side too, otherwise it wont follow the legs.
4) The bank angle limitator wont work with LNAV.
5) Im not sure if the descent forecast does anything, it doesnt trigger the EXEC button. Can you confirm?
6) When the A/T is activated, it activates the speed too, not sure if that must happend.
7) Im not thrilled by the fact that the wheather radar, and terrain radar wont show in the copilot side.
8) In the ground, even with engines retarded, it will accelerate, and its hard to slow down in the air. Autobrakes seems poor too.
9) When Kg. selected, in the PROGRESS page (FMC), the next leg will show the fuel estimate in pounds.
10) And finally, cant open the doors, cant believe they wont open. I miss the ladder :(

I'd read the post "Things that are NOT going to be in V1.33" , so i will expect furthers updates, but if there is some help to any of this, i'll apreciate it! THX!

Hi Megaerik,

your observations are for the most part correct. There are some deeper FMS functions that have not been modeled (most glaring a well working VNAV PTH mode and the HOLD function) and some things are only working from one side (like WXR radar, EGPWS terrain, POS INIT).

Here some remarks on things that are working as they should, though:

4.) The bank angle selector has no effect during LNAV in the real aircraft (although the bank angle is not as steep at cruising speeds/level as it is in our aircraft)

6.) This works as it does on the real aircraft. Arming the A/T while a F/D or A/P pitch mode is active will also activate the SPD mode of the autothrottle.

8.) The real aircraft does accelerate on the ground with engines in idle. Speedbrake performance also matches the real aircraft (i.e. very poor, about 30% increase in sinkrate)

9.) The PROGRESS page is still WIP and does show some data that is not correct yet.

We know that there are still a lot of things missing, but you may also notice that a lot of things are working and modeled deeply, so I hope that you can enjoy whats there for now.

Cheers, Jan

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Megaerik,

your observations are for the most part correct. There are some deeper FMS functions that have not been modeled (most glaring a well working VNAV PTH mode and the HOLD function) and some things are only working from one side (like WXR radar, EGPWS terrain, POS INIT).

Here some remarks on things that are working as they should, though:

4.) The bank angle selector has no effect during LNAV in the real aircraft (although the bank angle is not as steep at cruising speeds/level as it is in our aircraft)

6.) This works as it does on the real aircraft. Arming the A/T while a F/D or A/P pitch mode is active will also activate the SPD mode of the autothrottle.

8.) The real aircraft does accelerate on the ground with engines in idle. Speedbrake performance also matches the real aircraft (i.e. very poor, about 30% increase in sinkrate)

9.) The PROGRESS page is still WIP and does show some data that is not correct yet.

We know that there are still a lot of things missing, but you may also notice that a lot of things are working and modeled deeply, so I hope that you can enjoy whats there for now.

Cheers, Jan

Hey Jan! Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, I know you are working hard on this project, i enjoy the aircraft and i will continue to enjoy it for a long time :)

Any help i can give you, please let me know. Thanks again!

Thanks for the nice offer!

Currently the development is halted because Tom (the other team member) is tasked with a lot of work for Laminar Research and the upcoming XP12... no idea when development on our 737 will continue, but we have a long list of things that we still want to add.

I am personally already flying version 1.34 with a lot of "small" fixes...but we do want to get some big ones into the next update (whenever that will come).

Anything else we can help with in the interim, please just ask!

(Also make sure you watch the videos on my channel here: )

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRsg_6rB1D6f7lKjdw5r9P99swJtryhQ

Cheers, Jan

11 hours ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for the nice offer!

Currently the development is halted because Tom (the other team member) is tasked with a lot of work for Laminar Research and the upcoming XP12... no idea when development on our 737 will continue, but we have a long list of things that we still want to add.

I am personally already flying version 1.34 with a lot of "small" fixes...but we do want to get some big ones into the next update (whenever that will come).

Anything else we can help with in the interim, please just ask!

(Also make sure you watch the videos on my channel here: )

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGRsg_6rB1D6f7lKjdw5r9P99swJtryhQ

Cheers, Jan

Hey Jan!

I'd see some videos, learned a lot! There is much more simulated than meets de eye, very cool!

I have another doubt, I can deploy the spoilers fully to UP position in flight, is that ok?

Really expecting the v1.34!!!

The spoilers in flight should only be deployed to the FLT position - above that "buffeting may occur", says Boeing.

One of the skills in flying a jet airliner (and especially the 737) is to plan your descent so you don´t need the speedbrake. It is a mean of "destroying energy", so a good pilot will rather start the descent earlier...and save fuel that way. Think of it as approaching a red light. A smart driver will get off the gas and coast when he sees a red light, not speed up to it and then hit the brakes last second.

Cheers, Jan

32 minutes ago, Megaerik said:

Agreed. I'd search the DESCEND NOW option in the FMS, and didn't found it. I guess i'll have to use VS for now...

I recommend using FL CHG as the descent mode for now - V/S for smaller altitude changes. You can also use the "descent calculation" table I provide to view in the avitab, or in an external viewer. It will give you a ballpark figure for range vs altitude in an idle-power descent.

Cheers, Jan