FPS starts at 25+ and drops to 10- after a few seconds

Sander Datema

I just bought the SR22, but so far I can't fly it. The FPS hardly ever gets above 10, and that is without plugins and custom scenery, and even turning all graphic settings to the lowest.
I think I have about the same MacBook Pro as @Coop has (he mentioned the 5500M, I have the 5300M). So the 10 FPS doesn't make sense...

Edited by Sander Datema
  • Upvote 1

• Sander Datema changed the title to FPS starts at 25+ and drops to 10- after a few seconds
  • 1 month later...

There is a lot of range within the Intel MacBook Pro 15/16" line. The 5300M is significantly below the 5500M in terms of performance, so I'm guessing that is being maxed out, while the CPU is being loaded pretty heavily as well. I'd recommend making sure all other applications besides X-Plane are closed when trying to run.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, Coop said:

There is a lot of range within the Intel MacBook Pro 15/16" line. The 5300M is significantly below the 5500M in terms of performance, so I'm guessing that is being maxed out, while the CPU is being loaded pretty heavily as well. I'd recommend making sure all other applications besides X-Plane are closed when trying to run.

Nothing else is running, not even other plugins. And since iniBuild's A310 and A300 run fine (even with plugins), as well as Hotstart's TBM900, I don't see why the SR22 wouldn't run on my MacBook. Those three are not the lightest planes either.