TorqueSim Islander BN-2B low engine power

maxflaps

I have been waiting for a new release to fix this problem.  Has anyone been having this condition.

The engines have very low power.  The plane can take off but only manages 80 to 100 knts.

The manifold pressure is reading zero at idle.  At full throttle the pressure is about 15" to 20".

I have the Turbo version and it works just fine.

The early installs (about 6 months ago) for this BN-2B program performed exactly as one would expect.  About 15" at idle and 28" at full power.

I have downloaded and extracted the files a few times and I see the same problem.

Help

Roger

COOP

The carb heat on the left engine does not adjust.  The right engine carb heat adjust from 0.5 to 4.

These adjustments seem to not make any difference in manifold pressure.  Look at the engine speeds and the manifold pressure.  Both engines read "0" and in flight they read about 15".

A few months ago they were normal.  15" idle and about 28" flying.  The plane had normal power at that time.

I downloaded this software several times and nothing seems to make a difference.  I am attaching a picture of the instruments with plane idling.

375842885_IslanderCarbheat.jpg

@maxflaps As Coop says: The engine model on the BN-2B is purely X-Plane.

On the Islander's carb temp gauges, the GREEN ZONE is the one to avoid. Really it should be RED, because the temperatures marked out are perfect for icing (+5 to -25 C)!!

If you get another chance to test, keep a closer eye on the carb temps. You say you were running 28" manifold pressure, but what were the carb temps then? Were you already using heat? Were they inside or out of the 'green'? What was the outside air temperature? And how long had you been at those settings?

I had the same problem today. Will have a closer look at the carb temp next time, but how can it even get that cold with 27 degrees C outside? IIRC it got better after leaning the mixture to max EGT, but I found it really strange as I made a few flights just hours prior and there was no problem

I deleted the Islander Prefs file and nothing changed.  A new file was created when I ran the plane.  The carb heat on the port engine does not seem to adjust much at all.  I tried leaning the engines during flight but the engine manifold pressure is still around 15" both engines when flying.  Nothing seems to change this.  All other aircraft seem to fly correctly.

Cessna 172 and islander turboprop respond as expected.

I don't remember what the carb temps were when things flew correctly.  That was many months ago.  I generally did not need to tweak things for it to fly well.

Thanks  for the suggestions.   I have no idea what happened.  I did switch to a new computer running WIN 10 months ago and downloaded the aircraft again.

Since COOP replied with the comment  "The engine model is purely X-Plane"  is there a file that can be deleted and rebuilt such as preferences?

I have reloaded the whole x-plane program at least twice.  But are some files not replaced during this install?

Any suggestions.

Thanks

2 hours ago, maxflaps said:

Since COOP replied with the comment  "The engine model is purely X-Plane"  is there a file that can be deleted and rebuilt such as preferences?

I have reloaded the whole x-plane program at least twice.  But are some files not replaced during this install?

Any suggestions.

Thanks

No. As @Coop has stated, the engine model is X-Plane. It is not controlled by any kind of pref files, or custom code. X-Plane internally handles this based on acf file parameters done in Plane Maker.

You can manually wipe everything Islander related by deleting the TorqueSim BN-2B Islander folder in X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation. Rerunning the installer will then make sure everything is completely fresh and no preferences are carried over.

What are your carb heat levers set to though? This still sounds like (X-Plane's terrible modeling of) carb icing.