Engines randomly die

Nautaulis

Been using the SAAB a bit and every flight I've done recently the engines would randomly die, inflight and on the ground, no warning signs or anything. I've followed the provided checklist, fuel-flow and everything seems normal before hand and de-icing is on. Here is the overhead panel state of the SAAB the last time this happened. (Ignore electrical warnings as there was no electrics on when replay was activated) Can provide more info on request! 

image_2021-08-04_171015.png

Log.txt

Edited by Nautaulis
Log.txt added

12 minutes ago, Nautaulis said:

Been using the SAAB a bit and every flight I've done recently the engines would randomly die, inflight and on the ground, no warning signs or anything. I've followed the provided checklist, fuel-flow and everything seems normal before hand and de-icing is on. Here is the overhead panel state of the SAAB the last time this happened. (Ignore electrical warnings as there was no electrics on when replay was activated) Can provide more info on request! 

image_2021-08-04_171015.png

Please attach a copy of Log.txt from inside the X-Plane folder.

Something(a plugin) is causing a strange memory corruption in your sim session.

Your log is filled with the following string:

"AIRCRAFT/X-AVIATION/SAAB 340A/PASSENGER VARIANT/LIVERIES/LDJ-WAGGA WAGGA VH-SBA/"

This eventually builds up into a log clogging repeating mess that is probably overwriting various bits of memory in the sim that will eventually lead to a weird behaviour or a crash.

I don't know for sure what's causing this but because the string has been converted to ALL CAPS I can say that it's not Gizmo.

Gizmo does not perform a caps transformation on the data, there's no need to do so at any point, it only makes life harder if you support all three OS in your source code and design. (Linux specifically is case sensitive..)

You can see Gizmo logs the same data here:

0:02:26.124 G64:  core: Livery Changed: Name:(liveries)  Folder:(Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/liveries/LDJ-Wagga Wagga VH-SBA/)

My advice is to try disabling FlyWithLua.... fly a session, inspect your Log.txt for any ALL CAPS data about the livery selection.

I base this on the fact that it's running unknown scripts and shares close memory alignment with Gizmo because of the use of Lua.

It also shows some activity in the Log file between the time when Gizmo logs the livery data (cleanly) and the first signs of the glitch appear in the Log.

The other plugins showing activity during this window are GroundTraffic, AOS (doing a weather update) and X-RAAS and they seem unlikely to be inspecting the livery data.

If disabling FWL doesn't work I'd try disabling:

X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM/

X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SkunkCraftsUpdater/

Hope that helps..

Ben

Edited by Ben Russell

10 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Something(a plugin) is causing a strange memory corruption in your sim session.

Your log is filled with the following string:

"AIRCRAFT/X-AVIATION/SAAB 340A/PASSENGER VARIANT/LIVERIES/LDJ-WAGGA WAGGA VH-SBA/"

This eventually builds up into a log clogging repeating mess that is probably overwriting various bits of memory in the sim that will eventually lead to a weird behaviour or a crash.

I don't know for sure what's causing this but because the string has been converted to ALL CAPS I can say that it's not Gizmo.

Gizmo does not perform a caps transformation on the data, there's no need to do so at any point, it only makes life harder if you support all three OS in your source code and design. (Linux specifically is case sensitive..)

You can see Gizmo logs the same data here:

0:02:26.124 G64:  core: Livery Changed: Name:(liveries)  Folder:(Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/liveries/LDJ-Wagga Wagga VH-SBA/)

My advice is to try disabling FlyWithLua.... fly a session, inspect your Log.txt for any ALL CAPS data about the livery selection.

I base this on the fact that it's running unknown scripts and shares close memory alignment with Gizmo because of the use of Lua.

It also shows some activity in the Log file between the time when Gizmo logs the livery data (cleanly) and the first signs of the glitch appear in the Log.

The other plugins showing activity during this window are GroundTraffic, AOS (doing a weather update) and X-RAAS and they seem unlikely to be inspecting the livery data.

If disabling FWL doesn't work I'd try disabling:

X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM/

X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SkunkCraftsUpdater/

Hope that helps..

Ben

Thank you for the tips but they seem to not have worked. I have removed FlyWithLua,  SAM, and SkunkCrafts. I have also reinstalled the SAAB and even tried removing Reshade as I had problems with Reshade in the past but to no avail. I switched to the Justflight BAe to see if this problem translates to other aircraft I own and I also get the caps about the livery but not as much as the SAAB. I only spent about 2 minutes in the sim on each test. It seems this only happens with the SAAB. I saved 2 logs and will attach them here. One is using JF BAe and the other is using the SAAB but with no FWL. 

LogJF.txt Lognolua.txt