Car Alarm Going off Opening Door

dresoccer4

So this seems strange. Loaded up cold and dark, but when i open the pilot's side door, an alarm goes off like a car alarm. If i close the door it stops, and so on.

Video in action: https://streamable.com/3ef9nz

EDIT: i tested the BN-2T and it doesn't have the door alarm. i tried restarting the sim but its still happening

Edited by dresoccer4

9 hours ago, Coop said:

Thats the safety switch for the pilot's door. If the magnetos are turned on and the door is opened, the alarm sounds (to prevent you from going outside and being potentially decapitated from the prop ;)) 

ah, does the sim save switch positions between flight? because i started up cold and dark. but can't remember what did the previous flight...

Also this is funny to me. I'd think the roar of the engine would be all the warning you'd need if exiting the plane with a running engine. in fact i'm not sure you could even hear the alarm if the engine was on :D 

Edited by dresoccer4

Yes, switches are persistent. 

Something to remember, the magnetos being on does not necessarily mean that the engine is running. As magnetos are self energizing, with that switch on even with the engine off, opening the door and getting into the prop area is very dangerous - a strong gust of wind or pushing on the prop could cause it to turn over a few times.

• Like 1