Dataref values for engine reverses ...

Would there be a chance to implement the (dataref values) command for Throttle Reverse in the next update, so that you do not have to use the LR command. This would allow to control the reverses (e.g. in Honeycomb Bravo) on the principle - when the reverse lever is in the upper position, then the reverses turn on; when we release the reverse button, the throttle returns to normal operation,
I did it in ZIBO and it worked perfectly (there was a commands called: "laminar / B738 / flt_ctrls / reverse_lever1" and "laminar / B738 / flt_ctrls / reverse_lever2") 
???

I don´t have the Honeycom Bravo, but I would think it strange to have it not work with default X-Plane commands. I use an extra axis on my Thrustmaster Warthog throttle set to "reverse", and as soon as I move it aft, the reversers unlock and engage (if the forward thrust levers are idle).

I am sure this should be possible with other hardware, too.

Cheers, Jan

The problem with Revers in the case of Bravo is that pulling the Revers lever works like a normal button (not an axis) - so you can use it to run the LR command: "Toggle Thrust Reversers # 1" (or # 2), but lower the lever I'm not changing the state. So the engines are still in reverse.
You have to pull the reverse lever again to deactivate this function - which is very unreal and strange.
If there was a dataref function (as in the case of ZIBO) assigned to the Revers, a simple "trick" made  in the lua script, allows you to turn on the Revers when the button on Bravo is pressed, and in the case of releasing the button, deactivating the Revers function.
1.jpg.243e091d96c68a14a6bf92513dd421fd.jpg

I've read a lot on the forum and I don't think anyone has been able to get around this with Bravo.
But if there is a method or idea, I would love to use it.

Yes of course. I am currently using this mode for lack of a better solution.
The disadvantage of this solution is the lack of control over the power of the reverses.
They always reach max.
The second thing, less important, is the issue of the animation itself - the rever lever "jumps" to the maximum, and when turned off, it "jumps" to the minimum without smooth animation.  ;-)

Yep, I see the problem...I wish LR also had a button for "hold for idle reverse".

In 95% of all of my landings (both in 737 and 320) we use idle reverse only. This is mandatory at most airports for noise reasons and it also saves fuel. More than idle is only used when necessary for safety.

If the reverse levers on your hardware were actual axis you could assign an analog reverse function to it. If I understand correctly, the reverse levers can also not control the amount of reverse thrust on the Zibo (since they are not an axis), right?

Well, that's not exactly true.

In Zibo, when I use the lever to activate the reverses, the Throttle levers (i.e. axes) take over the smooth control of the power of the reverses. Lowering the Reversing lever (button off) returns to normal power control.
It is also not completely in line with reality, but it gives you the ability to smoothly control the power of the Revers and uses the reverse levers in Bravo.
So, in short, it is done like this (in ZIBO + a small improvement in the lua skype):
1) Throttle at minimum -> idle position
2) Activation of the Reversers by lifting the small lever in Bravo
3) Smoothly control of reverse thrust with the throttle lever
4) Return to idle position
5) Retracting the Bravo small Reverser lever downwards = control returns to normal operating mode.

This cannot be done in B737 LR, but in ZIBO it is, as there is a datarefs function to enable reverses: "laminar / B738 / flt_ctrls / reverse_lever1"

Sorry for my english but hope you understand what i mean  ;-)

P.S. I am trying to achieve it in IXEG (what a wonderful and beautiful plane :)) using the command:
"sim / cockpit2 / engine / actuators / throttle_jet_rev_ratio"
but to no avail.
Of course, I am completely ignorant and amateur when it comes to programming  ;-)

Edited by Bulva

Ah, I get it. Moving the reverse levers up will make the "normal" thrust levers control the amount of reverse thrust with the Zibo implementation.

I used to have a button on my joystick mapped to "toggle reverse" - I would click it after landing and then use my regular thrust lever to control the reverse thrust.

Then, when I was done with reversing, I would click the button again. So in a way I would do with a button what you would do with the reverse levers (toggle reverse). But I can see that raising them "again" to toggle OFF reverse is a bit counterintuitive.

I can´t promise that we will code something to take account of this (poorly implemented, if I may say so) way to enable reverse thrust.

For now I would suggest either assigning "hold full reverse" to the levers or use another button/keypress to toggle reverse on/off.

Cheers, jan