TBM cockpit not working and no liveries

Thebestofalltime117

First of all i want to say i have never even flown this aircraft. I load the TBM up and it has the prop spinning animation and the left PFD is up and shows the engine running. All of the switches are still in the off position though and when i try moving any of them nothing happens. The liveries also do not load in. In the documentation it shows there should be a menu somewhere but i cant find it. I used X-Aviation to down load this model of the aircraft. Any help is greatly appreciated. and thank you for your time.

TBM900_Log.txt

Cycle Dump.txt Log.txt

Download a fresh copy of X-Plane.  No scenery.  Choose your desktop as the location (not just C:\X-Plane)

Update it if it's needed.

Once it's installed, reinstall the TBM to this new copy of X-Plane.  (Don't worry about DRM.  The install will go ahead without issue).

Do not install any other plugins or scenery.  This is purely a test install.  Once this test is done, and we can confirm it works, we'll move forward.

Test again, and post back.

ok after the pained 12 hours of downloads (thanks to century link) I still have the same results.

IDK if the attached files will help in any way but here they are. If there is something specific to look for i will be more than happy to do that as well

Cycle Dump.txt Data.txt Gizmo64_ImGui.ini Log.txt TBM900_Log.txt airac_cycle apt_dats index.dat version PE_voltage.txt TBM900_prefs.txt

Hi @Thebestofalltime117!  I am not expert at this stuff and did not want to step on anyone's toes but a quick look at the attached log.txt suggested a couple of issues at least...

The is a problem with the video driver.  I don't have any idea of what kind of video driver an integrated GPU uses but clearly there is a problem there that has nothing to do with XP or the TBM.  Additionally, you have 12GB of RAM that is being shared between your CPU and GPU.  That is not a good thing with an add-on like the TBM.  Have you tried reducing the Texture setting a notch or two and seeing if the TBM will load completely?  The CPU is also kind of slow.  However, all things considered you probably should be able to run the TBM at low settings.  How well I couldn't say.  Again, the one item that stands out - and it's a big one - is the video driver issue.  I would start there.  Make sure the driver is up to date.  Even if it is you may want to re-install it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thebestofalltime117 said:

I am looking into getting a new computer by the way. currently i am using an all in one that i was gifted when my old one went tits up.

:lol: Please let us know if you are able to fully load the TBM with lower graphic settings.  It may be of some help / interest to other users.

@Thebestofalltime117 This is getting (way) above my paygrade.  Have you tried to update the intel integrated gpu driver?  You can find the driver on the intel website to download and the install process is easily googled.  I don't know if this has anything to do with your issues but since it's mentioned in the log.txt you should probably address it.  Also, FWIW please wait a while for the TBM to load in completely before attempting any action with it.  This may take an additional moment or two.  Pushing buttons, etc. may bork the process...

Ok I updated and same results but if I go into the drop down menu and hit start engine to running then it brings everything up including the g1000 screens. None of the switches move though and are all in the off position. And if I move my throttle quadrant the engine torque will rise but the cockpit throttle is still in the off position. I am now completely and utterly confused