Cruise speed TBM-900

ecallr

Hello, A question maybe a bit silly, but after reaching the cruising height of FL300, the speed goes up, but I can't go from 170-180 IAS, plus or minus 300 KT of GS, without exceeding NG% or ITT, but according to the Aircraft specification should reach up to 260 IAS. What I can be doing wrong? or Is this the case and I cannot exceed these speeds?

Yes, the inertial separator is closed. I know that the IAS 250 @FL300 is a speed that only reach the jets, but I believed that TMB could reach more than IAS 170 but I see that is impossible. This was only to know how was your experience with this great plane. Thks for yur responses.

2 hours ago, ecallr said:

I know that the IAS 250 @FL300 is a speed that only reach the jets, but I believed that TMB could reach more than IAS 170 but I see that is impossible

@ecallr I don't find that to be the case.  Although atmospheric conditions and weight may differ I find an IAS of closer to 190+ (at times).  Again, I urge you to download the TBM900 PIM.  It's free and a great addition to your TBM model.  Add the Garmin G1000 manual to that as well.

Edited by oldflyguy

Google the definitions of "Indicated Airspeed", Calibrated Airspeed", Equivalent Airspeed", and "True Airspeed". Also "Pressure Altitude" and "Density Altitude" and how they affect those different airspeeds. Might as well look up "Ground Speed" while you're at it. Not being snarky, but this will clear up many misperceptions about the different expected performance indications.

20 hours ago, ecallr said:

Yes, the inertial separator is closed. I know that the IAS 250 @FL300 is a speed that only reach the jets, but I believed that TMB could reach more than IAS 170 but I see that is impossible. This was only to know how was your experience with this great plane. Thks for yur responses.

If you are in the cruise and not in visible moisture, the inertial separator should be OFF. Leaving it on will cause an increase of ITT.